Is my monitor broken?

Aaron1628

Beta member
Hi, I knocked over my Acer H236HL earlier. It fell forward onto the screen and looks cracked underneath, lines just move across the screen now and whatever is displayed jumps up and down. The screen doesn't feel cracked but looks like it is "underneath at the top", if you understand me. Sorry for my poor explanation.

If it is possible to get it fixed, how would I go about doing so? Please excuse my reflection on the photo, thanks.

http://oi41.tinypic.com/az8i78.jpg

It could be, If its still under warranty I'd contact Acer and see if they can repair it.

Unfortunately just out of warranty :(. Spoke to a couple of other people and they just recommend buying a new one. Thanks for the reply.

I would have to agree with BK, buying another one would be the best bet. You could pick up a pretty decent laptop from your local pawn shop. I picked up two of them and am very happy with them.

All i done was just a full system restore using the restore partition on the hhd to make it feel like a new lappy. :)

Plug a hdmi or VGA cable in the side to confirm it's the screen, you may have to toggle alt and f7 to display it on another screen, the laptop key bored will show a screen, hold alt then press that, or Ctrl and f7/screen key.

It may pick it up automatically

Back
Top Bottom