Cpu shutting off after 30 sec

Just to be sure you are running an intel motherboard right? i7's are intel made. if your motherboard is AMD then your screwed because AMD + intel don't go together. No signal could mean a bunch of things. Graphics card drivers might not be correct. Example. you said you have an older win xp HDD in there. now if you just put this hard drive in, with the OS already installed after your pc was built, then yes, everything is messed up and will not work. Because when you build a computer, most of the time you install the OS new as well with a new HDD. When you do this the HDD and OS automatically pull the drivers from your mobo (with new parts, the old parts you used to have to install all by disk, not anymore) and install them on the HDD. BUT you took this HDD from a differnt computer, then it won't work, because this HDD will have the drivers and software from the other computer. The only way to fix that then, would be to install the OS fresh.

Thank you very much for all the help. And sorry about posting in another lobby. I'm new to the cpu thing and also new to the site.

Yes so the cpu was given to me. Everything was working properly ( except that I needed to pit heat sink on the cpu and fan) the chip is fine the motherboard is fine everything is fine except that the hard drive was taken out. I put my hard drive in from an older cpu. That's when I ran into the problem of no signal popping up on my screen then my screen ( not cpu) would shut off . So what I figured out was but a new hard drive download windows vista( that was what was running on there before) download the software for the graphics card, motherboard, and re install my new hard drive. Does this sound like the right thing to do???

Thank you very much for all the help. And sorry about posting in another lobby. I'm new to the cpu thing and also new to the site.

Yes so the cpu was given to me. Everything was working properly ( except that I needed to pit heat sink on the cpu and fan) the chip is fine the motherboard is fine everything is fine except that the hard drive was taken out. I put my hard drive in from an older cpu. That's when I ran into the problem of no signal popping up on my screen then my screen ( not cpu) would shut off . So what I figured out was but a new hard drive download windows vista( that was what was running on there before) download the software for the graphics card, motherboard, and re install my new hard drive. Does this sound like the right thing to do???

Just see if you can re-install windows on the current HDD that you have right now. If you cannot do that, then you need a new HDD.

Back
Top Bottom