Amd vs intel

Why do you mention an aftermarket cooler? For overclocking purposes?

In my opinion, AMD offer you bang per buck, but as far as I know, the i7 processors blow away what AMD have out at the minute.

That said, if you are generally just gaming, the CPU's from either won't lower performance as long as they are comparable.

Certainly don't assume for example that clock speed has anything to do with it, because it doesn't :)

Well, I do wanna over clock, and I heard that they run really hot and warned me to get an after market cooler. But I'm talking like a cpu compared to the i5 4770k (price wise) if not lower? Can I get by with something like that, but still use a gtx 770 without a bottleneck?

Why do you mention an aftermarket cooler? For overclocking purposes?

In my opinion, AMD offer you bang per buck, but as far as I know, the i7 processors blow away what AMD have out at the minute.

That said, if you are generally just gaming, the CPU's from either won't lower performance as long as they are comparable.

Certainly don't assume for example that clock speed has anything to do with it, because it doesn't :)

^^ This

If you are building a new PC or upgrading one and are looking to upgrade your CPU on a budget then AMD is way to go, If you have the cash to throw around then Intel is the way to go. I do like both but prefer Intel over AMD as the performance is very good. My sister and I have recently gotten new laptops with very similar specs and they both have an i3 and our old laptops used to have AMD E2 which ran at granny speed as they only designed for basic internet use but I put another 2GB of ram in and it speed up a bit.

Last edited:
Well, I do wanna over clock, and I heard that they run really hot and warned me to get an after market cooler. But I'm talking like a cpu compared to the i5 4770k (price wise) if not lower? Can I get by with something like that, but still use a gtx 770 without a bottleneck?

If you want to overclock more then just a little bit, then yes, get an aftermarket cooler.
The I5-4770K is a fantastic CPU. it will not in any way bottleneck that 770.
However a good AMD will not bottleneck it ether.

When comparing AMD and Intel, you have to look at your needs and budget and figure out what CPU is better for you. I will not sit here and try to tell you that AMD or Intel is definitively better.

I have the amd fx 8320 and the 4gb model of the 770 and it works fine

Unless you are running shogun 2 with max armies aside then it bottlenecks but it's fine :) and they don't get that hot since I have not over clocked mine and it runs al 30 without an aftermarket cooler. I get like 6 Celsius with one :) hope this helped

Back
Top Bottom