iPwn

..m.0,0.m..,
Kinda surprised nobody made this thread sooner...:confused:

My two most notable and favorite gifts from the wife:
This baby:
KA1217.jpg

and this sweater:
brbheather_fullpic_artwork.jpg

I asked for a new GPU or CPU+Mobo, but she had no idea what to get...

Alright, what was everyone's favorite gift?

I got components to make up a new build. Here are the specs:

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-B85M-HD3
CPU: i5-4430
RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2133
SSD: SanDisk Ultra Plus 256GB
HDD: WD Black 3TB
Case: InWin MicroATX Slimline w/ 500W PSU; this one: IN WIN BL672.300TB3LF Black Steel / Plastic MicroATX Slim Case Computer Case - Newegg.com

Building in a slim line chassis left a lot to be desired when it comes to cable management and airflow. Especially having one, yes one, 80MM fan for exhaust.

benchtop DMM. Mastech 8050

Not familiar with those devices, but I'm assuming that's a pretty good model?

I got components to make up a new build. Here are the specs:

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-B85M-HD3
CPU: i5-4430
RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2133
SSD: SanDisk Ultra Plus 256GB
HDD: WD Black 3TB
Case: InWin MicroATX Slimline w/ 500W PSU; this one: IN WIN BL672.300TB3LF Black Steel / Plastic MicroATX Slim Case Computer Case - Newegg.com

Building in a slim line chassis left a lot to be desired when it comes to cable management and airflow. Especially having one, yes one, 80MM fan for exhaust.

Very nice! Have you considered liquid cooling? You might not be able to solve the cabling issue, but you can still keep it nice and cool.

I got a warm jacket and one of these:
Image omitted.

After living in a northern state for two years, a warm jacket is a very nice thing indeed.

What's so special about the USB?

I;m getting on abit with age and don't get anything now a days, money from my mum, some smellies and an iphone 4 which was my sisters and she got a new phone so she gave me this, even tho I offered to buy it before christmas it was a gift from her and my step dad..

Anyway, hope you all had a good christmas

Sweet F.A. then again I have every thing I need.

In all honesty it was rewarding to see the smiles on my grandchildren faces opening their gifts.

What's so special about the USB?
Not super special but 128GB USB 3.0 is pretty nice. Pretty commonplace in today's world.

I "collect" thumb drives because they fascinate me. I worked in IBM's disk drive business for 20 years. Started out in 1977 working on the 3350 disk drive which was about the size of a side-by-side washer/dryer, required 220VAC and could hold 600MB of data. After that, having a thumb drive in my pocket that can store as much data as 213 of those behemoths blows my mind.

Not familiar with those devices, but I'm assuming that's a pretty good model?
Its not a great model but its not the worst. Its the one I could afford :)

Dude what are you going to do with that K-Bar!

My favorite gifts is the following.
  • Asus maximus vi hero motherboard
  • Corsair vengeance 2x4 gig kit running at 1866 with CasL 9
now i only need to buy the I7 and the cooler. Then i'll be up to date with haswell
I also got a small indoor remote controlled chopper. it's lot's of fun.
My sister surprised me with a good quality bottle of wine. Can't wait to taste it ^^

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom