Dead/dying SSD?

Cortb

In Runtime
I think my SSD is dying/dead, a few days ago my computer started crashing/freezing. The HDD activity light would come stay on and just before everything freezes up i can see 'system' using 100% of it in the task manager. Each time i started it up it would take less and less time to crash. usually when i would go to save something/write something to the disk.

I was able to save a few important things so i'm not completely up a creek.

I tried repairing using the install disk to no avil. then tried reinstalling my os (win8.1), but it just freezes up when it gets done extracting the files.

i havne't been able to get it up and working so i reused a drive from my raid0 array and installed windows on that. I haven't had any problems since, but i'd really like to get my ssd up and working again if it's possible.

let me know if you need any other info. I really appreciate any tips or advice i can get.

So now that you have it up and running with another hhd, can you hook up the ssd in raid 0 and then run error checking on it?

If so, just right click your ssd and click properties. then tools tab & run error checking.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom