IIS FTP Server

ssc456

Fully Optimized
Hey Guys,

I'm scratching my head to the point of hair loss at the minute!

I'm trying to setup a little FTP server from my home PC for personal use.

I'm using IIS 8 and I have it all setup. I've got all my ports forwarded through my firewall. I've tried to setup my Windows Firewall but i'm just having no luck!

I have the below enabled on my Outbound
FTP Server (FTP Traffic-Out)
FTP Server Secure (FTP SSL Traffic-Out)

and the below enabled on the Inbound.
FTP Server (FTP Traffic-In)
FTP Server Passive (FTP Passive Traffic-In)
FTP Server Secure (FTP SSL Traffic-In)

My data channel port range in ISS is 0-0 which is the default and my external IP for the firewall is left blank too?

If I try and connect externall I get a message saying windows cannot find or access the folder.

If I turn off my windows firewall on the FTP server I can connect externall so It's not a router firewall issue, definitely Windows Firewall.

Any ideas?

No dramas guys I've just realised my web hosting has unlimited storage and I can create 50 accounts with it and as many folders / sub folders as I want so i'm just using a folder on there.

The only dis-advantage to this is that I have to upload it to the web and then download it to my PC but hey ho!

So you are mainly using IIS for the Web hosting. Or you want just an ftp server?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Computer Forums mobile app

So you are mainly using IIS for the Web hosting. Or you want just an ftp server?

I was just using it for an FTP server, I tried FileZilla FTP server and encountered the exact same issue, doesn't matter too much now as i'm using my web host with unlimited storage as my FTP server.

Oh ya that's what I was going to suggest. Was to use filezilla ftp server. There is also coreftp server

Back
Top Bottom