Budget Gaming PC

Craig Prince

In Runtime
I was going to save up money for a while and build a really good gaming PC next year. However I thought about instead of saving $3000 that it would be a better idea to build a cheap PC since I have a 5 year old PC at the moment that can only play 5 year old games... So I wondered what kind of PC could I build for around $500? As well as what parts would be a good idea to get.

I dont this think gaming is possible under £500, let alone $500.

Well you could place some games on minimum, but certainly not any of the latest release like BF4 / COD / GTA / GT6 ect ect. Well not at a decent level of graphics / FPS and overall experience.

If I only had $500 and wanted to get into game, I would be very tempted to pick up a next gen Counsel such as the PS4.

You simply can't build a a machine that can match the performance of current / next gen machines for the same price as they cost, although of course you can build much better machines overall, but as you said, gonna cost £1500-2000 for a Rig capable of playing the latest games in 1080p at a high FPS in ultra / Max setting.

---------- Post added at 11:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:23 PM ----------

And just so you know, I dont have the money for a nice gaming rig, but while I save up over the next copula years or whatever I will be getting a PS4 for now.

Thanks for the information, though what about just building a PC? Not a gaming PC but just a computer to use until I get $3000, would it be a good idea to build a pc or just wait a while?

I will look into it more, though I might just save up money for a really amazing build than go with something cheaper. Though I might change my plans.

Since you have a 5 year old system which may hold you over til you can built a killer rig I'd do it that way. Why piddle along and waste money?

You could do some minor upgrades to your PC so it wouldn't be so bad to run for a while but that depends on what it is. What is it that you have?

Back
Top Bottom