Wireless issues

FireDust

In Runtime
This has been happening a lot on my new notebook. Sometimes I connect to the wireless internet in my house, my Skype connects, TeamViewer even Hamachi, but when I open my browser (doesn't matter if Internet Explorer or Chrome) it won't be able to connect.. pretty strange I know.

Router: TP-Link N750
Notebook: Lenovo IdeaPad Y510p

so you are saying that you loose connection when you open a browser?
In that case i don't think clearing the SSL state will work

i though the problem was that you have internet sense Skype works, but you can't load web pages even though you are still connected.

so you are saying that you loose connection when you open a browser?
In that case i don't think clearing the SSL state will work

i though the problem was that you have internet sense Skype works, but you can't load web pages even though you are still connected.

Ok, let me explain it a little in depth.
I start up the PC, skype connects, the icon down on the task bar shows that I'm connected with no problems, but when I open a browser, it doesn't load anything. I'm still connected, but I can't open any webpage. And one more detail, If I restart the Pc when this happens, it fixes itself and it's running just fine. Also, this happens only (Atleast I think) after my school day or when I travel with the notebook connecting to many networks, swaping them, etc.

- I hope you understood me

---------- Post added at 10:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:53 PM ----------

I will try to simulate this situation, but I think It wont be possible. Also, I won't be traveling much with notebook now, because It's christmas, so I will stay at one place... probably.

download and run ccleaner and run both the cleaner and registry 2x, see if it fixes any issues.

Try downloading some new drivers for the wireless, or update your windows if it needs any updates could fix the issue.

Sounds strange tho.

Well guys, I think we fixed it. I realized that I was using the drivers that came with the notebook, so I updated those and ran CCleaner, tried to simulate the problem, but I think it's gone. I can't say it for sure though, because this problem only uccurs when I'm switching between different connections, so I will maybe update this thread as time goes on.
But anyway, thank you all for the help and support.

Also, just an afterthought, did you try different browsers or just the same one? Like if Internet Explorer was the one not connecting, did you Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox? You could also do a ping test and see if you can ping a website (but we can talk more about that if the problem comes back).

Back
Top Bottom