What's The Real Reason You Go With Free Antivirus?

mastertech

Solid State Member
It's been known in sales for decades that people buy what they want not necessarily what they need. So what is the real reason behind why you choose free antivirus like Avast, AVG, and MSE instead of buying antivirus protection?

We all know we have to have it, some of us listen and get it, scary as it may be there are actually a lot out there that don't get it...so what antivirus do you use and what is the REAL reason behind your decision?

Overall value. What I'm looking at is things like ease of use, efficiency, frequency of updates and performance.

There are plenty of free antivirus programs out there, so it being free isn't the deciding factor for me.

Avast sense it has a great UI, has all necessary features, it does what an AV is suppose to do and it does it well.
I am however a little disappointed with the new UI that has been forced on us recently. I loved the previous UI.
that was almost perfect in my opinion.

Last edited:
I've tried both Avast & AVG, and have to say that both are good free Antivirus soft wares. I went with AVG because i liked it a little better than Avast.

Although i'm not sure wich of the two are a resource hogs, but they haven't let me down so far. I also recommended it to my sister and installed it on her computer.

That's right.
i think Linux gets even less viruses then Mac does.
Linux has less then 1% of the market share (unfortunately), and that's why i think even less viruses are programmed for linux.. also linux users tent to be smart. So it's a waste of time programming viruses for nerds.

If Linux had just as good gaming support as Windows i would have made the change a long time ago.

Yeah. Things are changing ( a bit slowly) but if you would have told me 5 years ago that steam would be available for linux I would have laughed.

Back
Top Bottom