Unable to load "personal settings" on login.

I Play WOW

Baseband Member
OS is Windows XP

In steps what happened is (posting from phone so I'm using this format.):

Changed location, and program&Unicode to Japanese to install RPG Maker.
2. Downloaded the eastern language pack and installed a single file for japanese.
3. Restarted the PC, then tried to log in only to see the message "loading personal settings..." on both admin default and main user name also admin.
4. Tried to log in on safe modes but still couldnt log on.

Googling brought up a lot of solutions but all the ones I saw required logging in which I can't do. So is there a way to change my regional settings back to English without logging in or restoring to an earlier point to fix this problem?

Never posted anywhere other than security so if this isn't the correct board can the thread be moved instead of deeleted?

But I can't log on as admin or anything. It loads, says welco... then goes right back to the sign in screen. Everything you mentioned just suggests you didn't read.
Not a problem since that was one fast reply but here goes again.

I can't access start
I can't sign in as anything.
Unicode change messed up something
need to access regional settings without logging on.

Well as that's required admin privileges we cannot help on your gaining access if you don't have the password. Is reinstalling XP an option?

I would agree w/the above post ^^^ , try getting into safe mode by pressing f8 right after your bios screen disappears.

can you go into safe mode?

Just tried admin in safe mode and I still am not able to log in. It loads the same exact way then stays at the login screen.
It all started when I changed my systems language to japanese I partially installed the language pack by only installing japanese. After the mandatory restart here I am. I'm not able to login at all.
not my post but here's another link for an explanation of what happened. Stuck on Loading Your Personal Settings - Tech Support Guy
Don't mind their solutions as you'll probably develop a brwin tumor from reading them.

Is it possible to change regional settings without signing in? Yes reinstalling xp is an option but I can only do it via usb since I'm on a netbook.

Back
Top Bottom