Toshiba Satellite L500D Problems

BK_123

Golden Master
Last edited:
I have a spare laptop that has the same problem only my problem is that it had a tiny small box that turned off the display when you closed the lid.

That tiny box one day broke off and now i can't see anything on the screen when i boot it up. Since i don't have the cash to fix it, it sits stored away.

In your case, it may be that who ever owned it before you may have been messing around with a program that affected the bios. in wich there is no recovery from this, but remember that this is just a guess.

I don't know the real cause of your problem, it could be a number of things.

Well I am doing some research and a lot of people seem to be having problems with the screen with this model..

Yep, I am going to try this too. I can hear the hard drive running but no Windows starting sounds.

Hi buddy,

What happens if you press FN+F5 key combination? So you can switch between monitor and probably the internal monitor is not activated.
Also try an external monitor as C3PO already suggested.

Can you hear that Windows start? I mean can you hear the Windows start sound for example or much HDD activity that computer loads Windows?

then when you try the monitor try messing with the settings to see if you can like extend, duplicate and all that other cool stuff you can do with it :)

Don't mean to be a grave digger.

I got the laptop out yesterday, Took the ram out and got no beep codes, Put a different stick in and nothing happened. So I am going to get it looked at, I suspect its a motherboard issue.

Back
Top Bottom