Help again?

Polakman0696

Solid State Member
Hey i have just put together my new PC and it's doing the same thing that the old one did, the pc turns on for two or less seconds and shuts down, the fans spin and anything plug in turns on, i have taken the 8pin PCI connector to the graphics card to see if that would solve the problem it didn't, so now it's just there turning on and off without me pressing anything.

Also i'm using a haswell i7 without a haswell compatible power supply, please help.

Please list your PC specs. That might help us get a better idea of what your working with.

Right sorry, this a new build btw,
ASUS maximus VI Hero Z87 for LGA 1150
Intel i7-4770k
1x8gb CORSAIR ram
corsair H80i water cooler
NZXT H2 silent case
Powercool X-viper 750 watt power supply (not haswel compatible)
1tb western digital black HDD

Right sorry, this a new build btw,
ASUS maximus VI Hero Z87 for LGA 1150
Intel i7-4770k
1x8gb CORSAIR ram
corsair H80i water cooler
NZXT H2 silent case
Powercool X-viper 750 watt power supply (not haswel compatible)
1tb western digital black HDD

Why have u stated not hawell compatible?

and what do u mean it doing the same as the old one? what parts do the old one and new have in common?

what parts do the old one and new have in common?

This.

Otherwise, I'm thinking it could be a few things. First is power supply. Second is RAM. Third is to make sure the water cooling is hooked up properly.

Do you have another powersupply that you could test with?
Try taking the RAM out and see if you get a loud beep when you turn the computer on.
I don't know anything about water cooling, but make sure the heatsink is attached properly to the CPU and make sure it is working properly in general.

Ok sorry for the misinformation, my the old one i mean that i had a similar rig with haswell and it did the same, but now that i have taken out the mother board out of my case it seams that it works, but I think that if i were to put it back in it wouldn't, so does anyone know if it could be the case or not?
case is NZXT H2 silent black

Not the case as much as a shorting out of the motherboard from the case probably. You could try putting it back in, but I don't know about how to fix the issue or what causes it (just that it can happen). Maybe someone else here will have an idea.

You take it out, it works. You put it in the case it dies.

Install the mother board standoffs. It's shorting out to the case. Make sure there are no standoffs where there's not a screw needed to support the board.

Back
Top Bottom