Win 8.1 Upgrade Error

ssc456

Fully Optimized
Hey guys,

My laptop has been bugging me for a while to install 8.1 on it and ive ignore it this far.
Now I've just tried to do it twice (after having to hold my power button to turn it off the first time).

It downloads it and while it's trying to "Gather Information" I get this error message come up in an endless loop. If I click ok it comes straight back up, if I hit close it comes straight back up, if I kill it in task manager it comes straight back up. The only way to get rid of it is to hold the power button on my laptop which I hate doing especially while it's trying to perform an upgrade on the operating system!

Any ideas?

Attachments

• error.PNG
    error.PNG
    11.9 KB · Views: 6
A quick poke around google shows only one other thread with this happening. The OP has posted on several places (maybe it was you?) and only one other user has commented and he said he did a fresh install of 8 and then upgraded and it worked.

A quick poke around google shows only one other thread with this happening. The OP has posted on several places (maybe it was you?) and only one other user has commented and he said he did a fresh install of 8 and then upgraded and it worked.

Unfortunately It wasn't me posting about this, I did have a quick Google around first (that's always my first point of call).

A fresh install isn't really an option right now, so I might just have to kill it and not install 8.1 for a while, thought it's frustrating.

Try to disable your windows update so that it will not install to your computer or update...for me it is unnecessary to update my system, as long as you can use your computer.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom