Budget Powerhouse! Ram? Motherboard?

Sorry to bother you so much but I'm building this with my dad. Now, this may be a silly question but how do you install Dos and Bios? Do we have to purchase or what?

Dos is installed when you install Windows and your install the bios when installing the motherboard drivers, It will instruct you on how to do it..

I have decided to purchase an ASRock 970 Extreme 4 Motherboard and the G.Skill Ripjaws X Series memory BK_123 linked me to.

I appreciate the help BK_123 gave me.
He/She gave me extremely helpful replies at a really fast rate!

Thank you BK_123!

Sorry to bother you so much but I'm building this with my dad. Now, this may be a silly question but how do you install Dos and Bios? Do we have to purchase or what?

The bios comes with the motherboard. It is the area of the motherboard that controls what parts of the motherboard are off/on and the setup of what is there for the computer to be able to use...back a long time ago as computer years go we used to have to manually set what hard drive etc is being used and give the information, now they are automatic when it comes to that type of set up and the default settings should be fine.

As to the question about DOS, are you going to be using an operating system other than Windows or Linux? DOS is very old if that is the primary OS you are going to be using, a version of it is inside of Windows. The primary choices that are normal, at least here in the states for a computer is Windows (costs) and Linux (Free, and Paid).

Back
Top Bottom