Obtaining OS

copiman

In Runtime
Need a little guidance on how to obtain an operating system. I am aware of making recovery CDs or ordering them from the manufacture of the PC. Outside of this, is there a way that you can download the OS from Microsoft and use the product key on the sticker attached to the PC to activate it? I have heard that you can also download OS from other sites, but not sure if its possible, or feel comfortable getting them from places I don't know. I want it to be legal as well. Any guidance and or suggestions in this area would be great, for I have never reloaded the OS outside of using recovery CDs or the original OS CD.

If you Windows 7 Home Premium was installed on your computer and you wanted to reinstall it, You could just download a copy and use your key for it to activate.

You do realize that this is exactly what he is trying to find out how to do, right?

To the op, there is a place to legally download the disks if you do not have one. Once I get back to my computer I'll find you the link

Last edited:
Thanks everyone. This is exactly what I needed. Man, there are so many sites out there with downloads that it makes me gun shy. That is why I ask here. I book marked the puppy as well.

Thanks everyone. This is exactly what I needed. Man, there are so many sites out there with downloads that it makes me gun shy. That is why I ask here. I book marked the puppy as well.

Good thing to ask too. Most places that offer the downloads are illegal, cracked copies that if caught downloading could end you up in hot water. Digital River is the only free site I'm aware of that has legit, legal ISOs to download.

Thanks everyone. I have actually been looking for this for a while. Great info!! I will be using it this weekend.

Back
Top Bottom