Multiple License Usage

FortheHorde

Solid State Member
Is it possible to use a product key multiple times? as in on more than just 1 working machine? Say i use the key off of the laptop that im using right now, and on a machine i build, or will it freak out and get angry? Haha

Pre-built Laptops and Desktops come with OEM licences. So say your new Acer Laptop came with Windows 7 Professional 64bit and the OS died, You could get another copy of Professional 64bit and activate it using the same product key but getting another edition of Windows 7 and trying to activate using the original product key won't work, You have to either buy a new copy of Windows or buy a licence for a copy you have..

Correct me if anything I said is wrong.

Last edited:
Is it possible to use a product key multiple times? as in on more than just 1 working machine? Say i use the key off of the laptop that im using right now, and on a machine i build, or will it freak out and get angry? Haha

If the key is registered multiples times yes it will freak out.
However...
ET phones home even though you don't do it manually. When M$ gets wind of the same key being used on different systems at the same time, it will quit working in a set time. It's called pirating. Some times they make a big deal out of it. It's wise to just bite the bullet and fork out for virgin copies. Or you could get a bulk license.

One disc, one key, one machine. I paid for all of my operating systems. You should too.

Back
Top Bottom