Lousy internet rececption 1Mbps w/ 5 bars of signal strength

You can go into Manage add ons, and check if there are any toolbars you didn't install and disable them. That should take care of the stubborn toolbars.

this is what I tryed
1.start
2.control panel
3.internet options
4.programs
5manage add on's tab
did'nt see anything listed

is there not a better USB WiFi network adaptor other than the Roswill RNX180?

Thanks STB

I use MSN as a homepage and google gmail for email when I go to the gmail it constantly asks to make google chrome my homepage and that I'm running a outdated browser (which I just upgraded to inertnet 9 I believe) (not sure how to check which version of internet explorer I have).

Do you Guy's think there are conflicks between google and MSN that are slowing the internet experience?

Thanks STB

is there not a better USB WiFi network adaptor other than the Roswill RNX180?

The adapter isn't going to make a difference here. As Seti said, you're in a hotel, you're a victim of all of their traffic. There are times when traveling for work that I don't get more than dial up speeds on the net. It's the nature of the beast.

this is what I tryed
1.start
2.control panel
3.internet options
4.programs
5manage add on's tab
did'nt see anything listed

Open up your browser, click on the gear top right corner. Click on Manage Add-ons , and look at the list for any unwanted toolbars. Then click disable to eliminate them.

The adapter isn't going to make a difference here. As Seti said, you're in a hotel, you're a victim of all of their traffic. There are times when traveling for work that I don't get more than dial up speeds on the net. It's the nature of the beast.

Ummm ? But then how come if you use a reverse proxy, your connection is faster than a single connection (as a result of the load balancing) ??? Would you connection speed up if you for example setup a VPN e.g. hotspot shield - as a reverse proxy (as well as maintaining 100% anonymity of course ??? ) Does it not work in the same way ???

Total rubbish.

You are not going to go any faster than the tier the hotel is on with their ISP and the load on the local network.

If you want to get your own connection see if Clearwire is in your area.

No it's not the solution. You're not paying attention to anything we've said to you.
You're not going to go any faster with the service the hotel provides. They get a fixed speed from their internet service provider. That in turn goes to a router then that's fed out to the access points.
Check and see if Clearwire is in your area. For the money you get a connection all your own. I had the 6 mbps tier. With nobody on it but me it was pretty quick.

Back
Top Bottom