Duplicate on T.V and monitor

Thanks all, been having a go, and I won't lie, I'm immensely confused, especially when trying to work out AMD vision engine control centre. I'm usually panicking about getting other things done on time, so concentrating on the task is even more difficult. Strangely, I used to have my computer on the main t.v permanently on it's own and it worked perfectly without any adjustment, it only seems to be since I brought it down and attatched a monitor via VGA and the t.v via the HDMI that I've had the problem getting it to fit on the screen. As for extending the displays, it probably wouldn't be ideal because the t.v is behind me, part of the reason I'm doing this is for digital sound, but also I get to play Netflix straight through the T.V, and series or film I have stored, and as a bonus, I get to pick which screen I play games on, if it's keyboard /mouse orientated, obviously the desk is the best place to play, also if they're on at the same time, I can see what I'm doing if say I'm putting a film on, without the need to twist round to see the T.V. I do have a laptop on a little table next to my computer which does serve the multitasking thing at least to a certain extent though. I will take all solutions into account while trying to work it out, but it might take me a while to do, as I am only getting small amounts of time at the minute. This is the model number of the T.V I'm using if it makes any difference le32a436t1d. The monitor is a CIBOX lw1922c, not brilliant, but it was £5 so I wasn't complaining.

One tip if you do try extending, use keyboard shortcuts. If you press Win+Left/Right, the current window will move to the other display. Then if you want to maximize it, you can press Win+Up and it will maximize. Similarly, Win+Down will restore it back down, or if it's already restored, it will minimize it.
Also, if you're playing a video with a desktop video player, there is probably a hotkey to make it full screen. For example, in VLC you can press F while it's playing and it will go full screen, or Windows Media Player you can press Alt+Enter. Then you can usually press Space to pause and play.

If you used keyboard shortcuts, you could just press Win+Shift+Left then F to play a video full screen on your TV with VLC.

Oh and a bonus one that might help you with all this, Win+P brings up the projector menu which lets you quickly change whether the display is extended, mirrored, or only on one display.

Hi all, just got round to having a good go at getting the duplicate monitor + tv sorted, and I came across an option to scale the image to fit the screen, this alne was not quite enough for some reason, but near. I then found a scroll bar where I could change between underscan and overscan, I adjusted that until the screen was full. I seem to have got what appears to be acceptable results, although so far I have only tested Netflix, but because I have changed the setting to scale to fit screen, would the quality be worse?

I just got excited when I remembered there's a nest of tables in the room, so I've effectively got a desk at either screen and now have the option to put myself into a better position for surround!

Back
Top Bottom