Random Chit Chat

You photo shot your mobo while it is on fire? You're one tough lady. Other people would run around screaming "fire fire".

Ha. It was a lot more spectacular right at first. The flame went all the way through the fins on that heatsink and came out the top. Probably 7-8cm tall. It would flame up, stop, then flame up again in a cycle for a few seconds, and i managed to snag that photo toward the end just to prove it was actually a fire rather than a normal burnt component. There's actually a black spot on the motherboard tray underneath, which is kinda odd since the component on top.

My whole room still reeks of burnt electronics. Yesterday, someone said they were able to smell it on my clothes.

Also, the dog needed toys, so i went and grabbed a bunch of random balls out of the bayou. I ended up with an entire bacpack full of good ones from maybe 8 hours of kayaking. I guess that's the one upside of all the litter here. If it floats, you'll eventually find it in one of the bayous. If it doesn't float, you may still find it there. There was an entire crushed up porta potty just sitting there today. The group thatcleans the bayous in this city had to deal with another one fairly recently. Here's a video from their most recent trip in which they cleaned up one litter raft, to give an idea of how bad it really is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bK4R-sUxOQ

Video description says 192.5 balls. Sounds about right. Those things are everywhere, since they easily wash down storm drains.

Last edited:
Also, the dog needed toys, so i went and grabbed a bunch of random balls out of the bayou. I ended up with an entire bacpack full of good ones from maybe 8 hours of kayaking. I guess that's the one upside of all the litter here. If it floats, you'll eventually find it in one of the bayous. If it doesn't float, you may still find it there. There was an entire crushed up porta potty just sitting there today. The group that cleans the bayous in this city had to deal with another one fairly recently. Here's a video from their most recent trip in which they cleaned up one litter raft, to give an idea of how bad it really is.

Canoemaran Underway [PaddleBR] - YouTube

Video description says 192.5 balls. Sounds about right. Those things are everywhere, since they easily wash down storm drains.

Wow people must not like balls so they dump them in the river then you find them for your dog and it likes them, SCORE!!! :lol:

Wow people must not like balls so they dump them in the river then you find them for your dog and it likes them, SCORE!!! :lol:

Not really. They wash down storm drains, which end up dumping into the bayou. It's really the one piece of litter in there that's excusable.

The most common pieces of litter are styrofoam cups, followed by plastic bottles, then tires. Seriously, charging a fee to dispose of tires is one of the worst ideas ever. If they really have to do that, it should be tacked onto the initial cost, not charged when you try to dispose of them. People just go dump their old tires instead of paying it. I can go 20 miles away from any road and there's still used tires everywhere.

Last edited:
Seriously, charging a fee to dispose of tires is one of the worst ideas ever. If they really have to do that, it should be tacked onto the initial cost, not charged when you try to dispose of them. People just go dump their old tires instead of paying it. I can go 20 miles away from any road and there's still used tires everywhere.

I know what you mean, as long as they keep charging people to dispose of their tires, people will keep dumping them in places. What really happens is that they end up back at the dumps anyways, so why keep charging.

I think that companies are working on recycling old tires into making products that are made of rubber, such as door mats and such instead of burning them. Although i don't think they burn them anymore because of environmental issues.

It's also a shame that whenever you buy a new battery, that they charge you with disposing your old battery to them.

Yeah. My state finally caught on and started adding the disposal fee when you purchase the tire. It doesn't really help the fact that there's already 70 years of tires dumped all over the state. Also, it seem the serial dumpers haven't taken notice to the new law either, since I still see fairly new tires out there. Sometimes they're still on the rim. I haven't figured that part out.

You would think they had 1/2 a brain & take the rims to a recycling center and get a few bucks for them instead of dumping them somewhere. :facepalm:

I just can't believe what just happened.
I ordered another quad kit, battery charger(nice one), some extra do dads for the charger, a nice soldering station, and they didn't ship the fracking batteries. 4 big fat lipo batteries needed to fly my F450 kit and the IFly 4.

Got in touch with them and they want me to do an RMA so they can review it and either send out the batteries or do a refund.
I got the 2 receivers from a Canadian hobby store online and they got here today also. I can put the IFly 4 together and program it but can't fly the flipping thing. Same for the F450 DJI flame wheel kit. But can't fly it either.

I just can't believe how some deeb forgot to put the #$^&%^&&^***())_ batteries in the box. There was plenty of room for them. GEEZE HOBBY KING how stupid can you get?

So other than just putting the kits together, I'm still dead in the water...

Turns out they did come after all. Somebody opened the IFly 4 box and taped them to the underside of the plastic tray. I thought I'd open it and mess around with it and low and behold there they were. Of course the cd that came with the quad is gone. I can get that online. No big there.
That is still some stupid s**t.

Back
Top Bottom