printing problem

kevroberts66

Solid State Member
Hi Folks
I have an Acer comp running windows vista. and 2 epson printers.
Half way through printinmg some paperwork printer stopped printing the black. i replaced ink and same result, reoplaced cartridge again and still same. assumed printer faulty so borrowed my mothers. set it up with manufacturers disc printed some thing general and seemed ok but then tried to print text and get nothing except odd mark same as with old printer. replaced lead into different usb terminal and still doing same.. Any ideas please
Kev

if the printer is printing out odd markings then it sounds like it is using the wrong drivers. i would uninstall the printer drivers, reinstall either by using the driver disk that came with the printer or download them from the printer manufacture website.

Thanks but ive tried that and still got same problem. Its as if the printer is trying to print but puts morse code instead. and cus its doing it with 2 printers im guessing its got to be something on the pc.. i just dont know what :-(

when it prints that out is it like the whole page or just part of the page? can you take a screen shot of the printers and the drivers you have installed?

Its as if the black only prints the bottom line. ive tried to take a pic where each colour printed itself and as you can see on both occasions the black didnt work
Im new to this so not sure how to add pic but here goes

photo.jpg

I get what you say but both printers install and work ok on my mothers pc but both act up on mine, therefore im saying its a pc problem

What OS are you using? What OS is your mom using? What else might be different between the two pc's?

both usuing windows vista. can i just recap the epson 8400 printer has been working on my pc for 3 odd years and only just developed this fault. i only found out my mothers had same problem when i borrowed it to print some things off :)

Back
Top Bottom