Update Failure

copiman

In Runtime
Running Windows 7 Home Premium.

Getting the following Failures when updating:

kb2685811 Kernel Mode Driver Framework V1.11 Error 8007007E
kb2864202 Security Update for USB drivers Error 8007007E
kb2754670 Microsoft Works Error 646

First of all this PC had no AV. Used Malewarebytes and Adwcleaner to clean up. Loaded AVG free 2014. Noticed no updates since june 2013. Found that the update service was missing. Ran a utility (Tweaking.com All in one) to restore Important Windows Services and Set Windows Services to Default Startup. This restored the service allowing me to update. All updates have been done except the ones listed above. I have tried Microsoft's solutions, updating in clean boot, disabling AV, and using Tweaking.com all in one to repair windows updates and still cannot get passed this one.

Any ideas?

Thanks for responding. I saw some of this but was reluctant to try. Mainly because I have a final this week. Need to study. Also, the PC owner needed to use it this week. Will try these this weekend an post back then. Again, thank you.

Tried several things today and still no go. The only thing that stands out to me is when I ran Microsoft Fixit kb/910339. It came up with an error and suggested I run some kind of Microsoft Diag. which said no problems found. Another thing is when I ran the troubleshooter, it could not fix the WMI error. Also when I ran WMI Diagnostic utility I got errors relating to repository and WMI. Saw where someone suggested resetting repository back to deafult, but was worried about the cautions listed, like 3rd party software may not work after doing it. The changing the temp file thing just confused me.

At this point, the PC is working just fine. I have hidden the updates that will not load. I would love to fix the issue, especially since I am a student for networking and computers at a technical college, but I do not want to do more harm than good. The only thing I know to do is wipe the PC and start over, which I'm a little nervous doing.

Thanks for your help.

Hi,

I had this issue a while ago with mine. One thing I would say that you need to do is to check whether the updates have already installed. And make sure they installed correctly.

Having said that one of the updates I had an issue with just disappeared one day and I still don't know why.

I would suggest a restore point to just before the updates appeared but if this issue has been going on for a while that might be a bit difficult.

Mossiac

Back
Top Bottom