Computer will not shut down or sleep

iameatingjam

Beta member
After trying many different fixes I decided just to save myself the headache and do a fresh install of Windows 7, but it still freezes every time I try to shutdown or go to sleep. And yes, all USB devices are disconnected.

I have an i5 2320 3GHZ, 8GB 1333mhz ddr3 ram, 1TB HDD, gigabyte geforce 660 GPU and this power supply: http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E1681... (it has served me well with no problems for over a year now...)

I tried removing my video card, and each stick of ram individually. And also flashing cmos and none of that helped. Unfortunately I don't have a spare power supply kicking around. Its worth noting that when booted up on the recovery partition of my hard drive I CAN restart.

Any help greatly appreciated!

have you tried taking all power sources out as well as the CMOS battery? its always a good trick.

it also might a hard drive issue..

ya if you have another hdd. try cloning it using something like hirens boot cd. there is a bunch of nice programs on it. its a bootable windows xp and there is a win 7 version as well :)

Connect my gfs hard drive and voila! It will now shut down properly! I've been looking for an excuse to get a ssd anyway. Thanks for the help.

Back
Top Bottom