You own a car? Care to share?

Choosing engine oil has been a serious matter to car owners. To clear this up, all that's needed is to follow the manufacturer's instructions.

For my MB, I use two different oils depending on the outside temperature. In summer it is Mobil Super XHP 20w50:
mobilxhp20w50front.jpg

... and in winter I use Total Quartz 7000 10W40:
z919.jpg

...as it is lighter and better for the engine. Our summers are so hot that I'm not so sure if this weight can take it, being xW40 and the engine is of older design that leans towards thicker oil in hot days.

I use these two specific engine oils because they carry the MB approval number for the subject engine and following the owner's guide's ambient temperature table.

Take care of your car, it takes care of you. Specially MB's.

Ha ha, even my MB can tow a trailer :D. Or is it called an RV? This is the wagon version of my MB.

outfit.jpg

services_2.jpg

Isn't that a caravan? I know words very from continent to continet, but I thought a trailer was something you towed that you can put stuff in and a RV was like a caravan but you drive it instead of towing it?

Isn't that a caravan? I know words very from continent to continet, but I thought a trailer was something you towed that you can put stuff in and a RV was like a caravan but you drive it instead of towing it?

Since English is not my mother tongue, I cannot really comment about this.

Your question is more informative and valid to me than anything I'd say with my current humble level in English :eek:

But I do know the difference between complement and compliment :D

But I do know the difference between complement and compliment :D

I'm glad someone does. I see that messed up all the time. Ordinance and ordnance is a similar one I've been seeing mixed up a lot, even by professional journalists.

Since people were posting their motorcycles earlier in this thread, I'll take it a step further and show my bikes.

This is my road bike (1987 raleigh technium) in tow mode. It's a pretty good old bike, but a bit heavy (~11 kg) and the frame is a few cm too big for me. Still rides just fine though.

udCo65ah.jpg

And here's my test subject. It does double duty as an electric bike and a touring bike. It's a really cheap department store bike, so I abuse the hell out of it at times. The seatpost got bent in an accident months ago, and I still haven't bothered to change it. Also, I'm currently switching over to a trekking bar, which is why the bar tape is all stripped off.

1LUuo1Nh.jpg

Edit: fixed images

Last edited:
Those are nice bikes there Foothead. :)

I enjoy riding bikes. I enjoy riding around the parks here, since I am only 2 blocks away from my nearest park. The other park is only about 8 blocks away from where i live.

Do you know the difference between definitely and defiantly? It's rather frustrating when someone says 'I'm defiantly there!' -.-

Haha, yeah. I also see "rediculous" more often than the correct spelling lately. For some reason, that one makes me really angry. I find it even more annoying than using the wrong they're/there/their or its/it's.

Those are nice bikes there Foothead. :)

I enjoy riding bikes. I enjoy riding around the parks here, since I am only 2 blocks away from my nearest park. The other park is only about 8 blocks away from where i live.

Cool. I'm more into biking on the road. My normal practice/for fun ride is 44 miles, mostly on a road that runs parallel to the Mississippi River. I also use them for just general getting around though, and occasionally for multi-dafy bike tours with camping gear.

Back
Top Bottom