Need help with car

IAntDemo

xxcobraxx
Hello, I just need some advice that's all, I just purchased a steering wheel fluid box, one problem, the black plastic thing at the bottom will not come off, same with the one that's in the car, it's black and I've tried plyers on it and it's just impossible so I do not want to damage it, now this morning I noticed under the black plastic bit is the actually part for the fluid box, so if I snapped the black plastic thing of I'm sure it'd brake the plastic attached under the black plastic part, and result in me buying another, so can anybody give me an idea of how to get this part of, this is the box and it's the black plastic thing at the right of the picture.

A friend suggested if you burn it it expands and can be pulled of but I do not want to burn stuff or anything without asking someone who knows what their doing, thank you.

Thanks alot guys

http://oi44.tinypic.com/2d0gfsz.jpg

Hey,

unfortunately I can't offer any real advice but I would say that the burning it sounds like it has potential unless the thing it is held on with also expands in which case it'll be even harder to get on?

Have you tried changing the nut behind the wheel? That's what the garages always tell me to check first ;)

Hey,

unfortunately I can't offer any real advice but I would say that the burning it sounds like it has potential unless the thing it is held on with also expands in which case it'll be even harder to get on?

Have you tried changing the nut behind the wheel? That's what the garages always tell me to check first ;)

Exactly what I thought about the burning, could work but also could damage it, maybe with patience and a bit of heat and a flat head screw driver it may work, just might be a pain in the ass.

I don't know what you mean by the nut behind the wheel, the part isn't attached to the car, well, the other one is but the one in my hand on the pic isn't and that's the one I can't get off, once I can get that off I'll do what I did with the other, I've tried turning it both ways for like a few mins, nothing happens, so sad this, had a slight bump, stupid women slammed on her brakes because the lights changed to bloody red yet she slammed them on at orange which personally 99% of the world go threw an orange lol... i smashed behind her, what a shame, need new bonnet, crosshead over the engine, steering wheel fluid box, grille, left and right head lights, good thing is, cost me £195 and just bought it all, it's actually at the place where I bought them, picking them up after work, the rest I can fix but the fluid box I've never changed one, tbh I'm not good with cars but the guy said fitting the bonnet and headlights and crossbar is easy, and it does look it, shame I didn't ask about the fluid box as I didn't have time, just paid him today and I said I'll be back lator for the parts, which he is taking from another car (scrap yard), anyway parts are mint and fit my car from the same car year/model, so lucky this isn't an insurance job.

Last edited:
right.. ok sounds like your trying to get the hose off then. considering its rubber id try pouring boiling water over it. that should help get it off. as you probably already know the top return pipe just has a sqeeze tab and pull.

From another ford forums, lol, I've posted on about 5 forums lol

Well I didn't burn it, I just sliced it with a knife, got it off, took about 10mins for both... put a new bonnet on and new head lights but the engine wrack(crossbar) needs putting on, as much as I may be able to do it, I'm not a mechanic so my relative is coming round to fix it, i need a rubber thing aswell because the fluid box is leaking because the plastic tube is snapped, so the guy said you will need a rubber thing after you've pulled it off.

ahh what an upset, ment to be asking a girl out for something to eat now I can't even do that, no car, no money, this cost me £200, then another £30-40 for fitting, ahh..

Back
Top Bottom