Need a new motherboard

Here's a shot. The choices are:
Microsoft System Restore
Microsoft Startup Repair Tool
System Recovery.

I ran the file backup before I started this whole venture.

Attachments

• screeny.jpg
    screeny.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 7
Use the system recovery and if you're given a choice of the contents, uncheck installing drivers. The new motherboard will not run on the old drivers correctly and might cause blue screens. You can then after Windows is installed, use the drivers that came with the new mobo. Sense you do not have any files to lose, you can try any of the choices no problem except time.

It's ALIVE! Only a couple of problems.
1. I never created a system image so now I have to go and reinstall everything.
2. I can't figure out how to turn the chassis fan speed down. Right now it sounds like I'm sitting next to a 737.:lol: Asus live chat isn't running right now so that will have to wait.
Thanks again for all your help.:thumb:

Great.

You can go to the BIOS and check if you can control the fan speed.

Glad things went good for you.

And my avatar shows thumbs up :)

Now I have a new little problem. The computer has randomly shut off 3 times so far. No updates or anything, just off like you pulled the plug. I did some searching in the event viewer and found 3 critical events coinciding with the shutdowns. It listed it as event 41 kernel power.:confused: Any ideas?

Happy turkey day.

Hmm... could be many things.

I believe you already re-installed Windows? How did you obtain the copy? Try re-seating the memory sticks and make sure they are properly installed and the system and the bios show them all, amount and number of sticks. Do the same with all other cards especially the video card.

Thank you, I love turkey.

I only skimmed this thread, but a few things that caused concern on why it might be shutting down:

1. It's overheating.
-Did you put new thermal paste on the CPU?
-Double check that the heat sink is attached properly and pushed all the way down.
-Did you turn the fan speed down too much?

2. The power supply is failing.
-Not sure what you meant here:
My next hurdle is to modify one of the HP plugs to match the new mobo. I'm thinking some small male to female jumper wires.
but this may be causing the power issue.

Back
Top Bottom