my computer can not find video card

mishimason

Solid State Member
ok, so I was playing FF XIV and was about to do a dungeon, then the game crashed. when I tried to log back in, I could not open the launcher, so I restarted my computer. Upon doing so, I noticed that the resolution was off, soI went to change it, found that I couldn't. I went to my device manager and saw that the video card was the microsoft basic display adapter as opposed to the radeon HD 7570 that it should normally be. I tried to locate new hardware, but nothing came up. I think that it might be a virus, but I am unsure, since I only have limited computer knowledge.

Can anyone help me resolve this issue??? my gaming is in dire needs!!!!!!!:facepalm:

It's not a virus. It's software or hardware issues.
You can switch between the inbuilt intel GPU and the radeon card.
There should be an option in the right click menu on the desktop that says something about graphic switch.

you don't see something like this:

original

In that case, Try to change PCI-E port

Google your laptop model + "drivers" (e.g. "vpccw21fx drivers" (Sony Vaio model))

You'll find the model number on the bottom of your laptop.

If you do have switchable graphics, then only the OEM Manufacturers drivers will work with that video card. You cannot get the appropriate drivers from AMD or Intel.

What model laptop do you have?

Back
Top Bottom