xbox 360 and older dav-z120 sony surround

ale101

Baseband Member
Hey guys was just wondering if you could help me solve a problem. Im trying to hook up my dav-z120 surround sound to my xbox 360 but i not sure where to start. My xbox is connected directly to my tv via hdmi, there are no hdmi outputs on the daz-120 just audio in R and L and svideo. So is this possible? I managed to get my tv which is connected to a hd box to use the surround sound as output however I cannot figure out the xbox 360. Any help would be great, I understand its not directly PC related but you guys been of help in the past so i thought i try again.

Cheers

Is the TV connected to the HD box and managed to direct the audio to the surround system, the same TV you tired the Xbox360 on and failed to direct the audio to the surround system?

How's the HD box connected to the TV and how is it connected to the surround system successfully? (what kind of cables).

Generally, if the TV's speakers play the audio fine, you can use the audio out/headphone port (I believe all TV these days have it) to connect it to any playback device. There are many plug-to-plug cable solutions out there that can be used to connect like any devices to each other.

Hey thanks for the response. I have an hd box connected directly to my tv via hdmi. I plugged the surround sound system to the hd box (using audio cables red and white). So now when i watch tv i have sound coming from the surround sound. My xbox is currently connected to my tv just by hdmi. My tv does have a headphone input? Im not sure what i would use to connect the surround sound so it plays my xbox audio.

Thanks for the help

So that would go from audio in? or headphone jack? To my tv? or to my hd box? and this would cancel out the audio from the hdmi input from xbox 360 to my hd tv (not hd box)

hey thanks guys i figured out a fix it required stripping the plastic off the xbox component cable so that you could fit the hdmi along with seperate audio.

Back
Top Bottom