Buying a new computer, need help!

Rylou

Beta member
Hey guys!

I decided to make an account to access these forums to ask for some help, well first of all, treat me like a dummy, i have pretty bad knowledge when it comes to PC specs so yeah :p

Anyway, at the moment I have a HP G56 notebook, and I want to start serious PC gaming and well, this notebook just wont cut it! So I have searched along websites for some PC buying sites, and i've found a good priced(i have a cheapish budget) website where you customise your pc, I was thinking if I was to label the prices and components, you could tell me what I should improve etc? If it helps I intend to use high quality games like Skyrim, rather than CoD's.

So the website i'm tempted to buy from is AMD PC Customizer | Build your own AMD PC | AMD PC Builder | AMD Gaming PC Builder

Installed Operating System
Windows 8 64bit + DVD which is £70

Case
E3393 which is £11.76

AMD Processor
AMD Bulldozer FX6300 Hexa Core 6x3.3 Ghz £20.00

AMD Motherboard
Gigabyte 970 DDR3Max USB3 SLI/XFire £22.54

System memory
8gb DDR3 133Mhz £24.82

Graphics Card
AMD Radeon HD6450 1gb HDMI £11.24

Optical Drive 1
22x SATA DVD Re-writer Drive

Master Hard Disk Drive
1Tb SATIII 7200RPM £11.37

Networking
USB 54Mb/s Portable Wifi Wireless dongle £12.75

Additional cooling fans
2x LED RED/BLUE Case Fans To Fit Case £6.00

Power Supply
Standard PSU

All those with build come to 513 pounds, I would want to keep the price to around 400 but if i need to put 500 in, i will :)

Thanks guys, If you could tell me what I should change etc, let me know!

~Joe

Hi there.

Since it is for gaming, specially that you mentioned Skyrim, the least I can say is you need at least an nVidia GTX 660 Ti or equivalent, and a power supply of a known brand since a good video card will need a good current rating on a special cable (called +12 rail) that has to be connected to the video card. The 660 Ti for example needs at least a 450W PSU so I recommend 500W. These are what matter the most for games.

Best of luck.

yeah that PC is not gonna handle (as you say) any "serious" gaming.
You are better of waiting until you can buy something better.
500 pound (800 dollars) is not really enough money to get a gaming PC.
you will need at least 650 pounds (1000 dollars) to get something good.

Back
Top Bottom