Good Boot Loaders

BK_123

Golden Master
So I am thinking of reinstalling Windows 8 on my laptop, I had to uninstall it last time due to a BSOD caused by a boot loader driver with Windows 8 (See thread here http://www.computerforums.org/forums/software-operating-systems/unusual-bsod-222384.html), I set it up by creating two partitions but now I want to use a boot loader hoping that it won't cause any troubles like last time. So does anyone have any good ones to recommend.

I have never done it but I think you can use grub with windows only. You will most likely have to create a small ext partition (but I dont know). I have used grub with linux for years and have never had any issues.

Try Windows bootloader again. It's just a bootloader and windows bootloader works like a bootloader should.
I don't know why you had these crashing problems, But a clean install should make it work again.

Try Windows bootloader again. It's just a bootloader and windows bootloader works like a bootloader should. I don't know why you had these crashing problems, But a clean install should make it work again.

Yeah I'll give it a bash and see what happens, I plan to replace windows 7 with windows 8 and get a better laptop with windows 8

Back
Top Bottom