Any Google Spreadsheet users out there that can help me?

BikerEcho

Fully Optimized
I have this graph in Google Spreadsheet that i have created to show how much money each year that have been used for IT stuff.
I can't make the graph add the year 2013 to it's calculations because it's not inline with the other years. I don't want to use any more space downwards. How can i add the year (+ data ofcause) to the graph?

capture screen

Hey,

I've not used Google Spreadsheet but in Excel you would just CTRL Click the second range and it will add it and format it as:

=Sheet1!$A$1:$D$2+Sheet1!$G$1:$J$2

Have you tried a commar after A11 and then put the ref that it needs to point to after that. So that you get something that look like the following.

Sheet1!A4:A11,C4:C11

Hope this solves the problem.

Mossiac

I have tried pressing control and that didn't work.
i have also tried putting in a "+" after Sheet1!A4:A11.
So it's Sheet1!A4:A11+C3

---------- Post added at 01:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:28 PM ----------

Mossiac:
I just tried it. (Sheet1!A4:A11,C4, Sheet1!A4:A11,D4)
But unfortunately that didn't work ether

I knew it was something between the two sets of points. I couldn't quite remember and that sort of thing is usually a commar. But glad it's sorted.

Mossiac

I just tried it.
as i though it's to add in more data. Like if you want to benchmark more then 2 graphic cards.

It's weird that it isn't easier to do (if even possible).

Ithink the problem is that you can't use the range. If you put each cell you want to total, with a comma between them, it should work.

=sum(b4,b5,b6,b7,b8,b9,b10,b11,d4)

Since it's a small spreadsheet, that should work fine.

Actually I just did this on my test spreadsheet and it worked to: =sum(a2:a4,b1).

Looks like you just need a comma instead of an exclamation mark.

Last edited:
Thanks for replying.
I am not looking for any total number, so "sum" is not gonna do it for me. It's a graph about how much money is used each year on tech.
The =sum(a2:a4,b1). (in my case "=sum(a4:a11,c4)") is not gonna work.

I made a workaround by copying the info to another sheet in a downwards list. That worked ofcause.

Oh...LOL :rofl:...just completely missed the graph part of the original post. I guess I hadn't had enough coffee by then yet...sorry about that.

Back
Top Bottom