Overclocking E8400

Looked it up, again, and you will probably need more than a 500W PSU.. Don't forget, you are Watercooling, that means more than a typical power usage! I would go for something better than a 500W, if you would want to add more drives or something later on, it could be a problem....

Looked it up, again, and you will probably need more than a 500W PSU.. Don't forget, you are Watercooling, that means more than a typical power usage! I would go for something better than a 500W, if you would want to add more drives or something later on, it could be a problem....

I checked the extreme wattage calculator, and the h60 was on there, and I came out to like 437 watts with the q9450, 4gb ddr2 ram, and the 7850. I was a little surprised

I checked the extreme wattage calculator, and the h60 was on there, and I came out to like 437 watts with the q9450, 4gb ddr2 ram, and the 7850. I was a little surprised

Even though it's just a small amout, If you have many drives/fans/lights, it can draw a lot of energy, but, I think you might be fine then. Your CPU takes only around 65Watts, most modern CPU take around 70-90Watts.

Yeah, my goal is to get the best performance and pay the least amount I can. I've only spend $200 on part so far

You are a student, right? Do you have ISIC? It would help you out quite a bit.

International Student Identity Card? No dude, I'm a HIGHSCHOOL student in NW Ohio! I'm not traveling around lol. Okay, so I just checked the wattage again, and now I can support a 660 Ti? I put in my H60, one disk drive (which I don't have) a SSD, a 7200 RPM HDD, 2 sticks DDR2, Core 2 Quad Q9550, two case fans ( I only have one), and the 660 TI, and I'm at 459 watts...

Last edited:
International Student Identity Card? No dude, I'm a HIGHSCHOOL student in NW Ohio! I'm not traveling around lol

That doesn't matter! You don't have to travel or anything like that, It saved me around 300 Bucks on my build! (Well, my pc was around 2200$ xD, and yes, rich parents but I saved around 1000$ for it myself)

Okay, so I just checked the wattage again, and now I can support a 660 Ti? I put in my H60, one disk drive (which I don't have) a SSD, a 7200 RPM HDD, 2 sticks DDR2, Core 2 Quad Q9550, two case fans ( I only have one), and the 660 TI, and I'm at 459 watts...

Thats awesome! I would personally recommend MSI Twin Frozr edition of that card, but, well, lemme link you this video, not because of the benchmarks, but just so you can look at the difference in FPS between 300 Dollar card (280x) and 380 Dollar Card (Still 280x but different manufacturer). I know it has 11 minutes,, but it will help you a bit! R9 280X Non-Reference Comparison - Product Showcase - YouTube

Thats awesome! I would personally recommend MSI Twin Frozr edition of that card, but, well, lemme link you this video, not because of the benchmarks, but just so you can look at the difference in FPS between 300 Dollar card (280x) and 380 Dollar Card (Still 280x but different manufacturer). I know it has 11 minutes,, but it will help you a bit! R9 280X Non-Reference Comparison - Product Showcase - YouTube

This guy knows what he's talking about, I watched a video on the 550 TI by him, he's really intelligent when it comes to gaming Graphics cards

Back
Top Bottom