Overclocking E8400

If you don't have the money to buy a decent PC, dont't buy it at all. Rather buy a notebook. Portable, has a built in screen, keyboard, and mouse (Touchpad xD). It will be a lot better for you. Todays notebook standards is more than the pc that you want to build right now. Or just dont build a PC, buy it from some kind of manufacturer like HP. It will be cheaper. Building PC's is cheaper when you want a higher-end PC. Because Higher-end PC's are overpriced unless you build them (most of the time).

I already have a notebook, and I will do as I please with my money

If you took the time to read, you would have seen that I said the CORE 2 QUAD, specifically the Q9450. And here's the comparison

Intel Core i5 3570K vs 2 Quad Q9450S

Here's my evidence scc456 ;)

No you did not xD, you are getting lost in your own posts...

And what's sad is, most 6 and 4 core AMD CPUs won't match the performance of the E8400, so go figure

---------- Post added at 01:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:32 PM ----------

Also the title is "Overclocking E8400"

---------- Post added at 01:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:33 PM ----------

Ok, ok, I'm just trying to help you..

Core2Quad although technically has bigger number, actual real life performance might not be better.

I suggest looking for benchmarks.

"No, I'm buying another mobo for my brother and I'm putting the 8400 in his, and I'm buying a q9450"

Yes I did

"No, I'm buying another mobo for my brother and I'm putting the 8400 in his, and I'm buying a q9450"

Yes I did

Ok, I didn't see that. Im out of this discussion, not because I'm don't want to help you, but everything we say you deny it.
Examples:

Sorry, I can't justify putting a $300 mobo CPU combo in a PC. It's ridiculous. The Core 2 Quad out performs the i5-3570K, so why go that route?! And the H60 was refurbished and costed me $40. And what's sad is, most 6 and 4 core AMD CPUs won't match the performance of the E8400, so go figure

Also why are you asking us for help when you "thought it out"?

I beg to differ. Like I said before, I can upgrade to the Q9450, and I plan on upgrading my GPU to the Radeon 7850. And I'm still going to be under 500 watts according to the eXtreme Power Supply Calculator. Not only that, but I can go up to 8GB of DDR2. Believe me guys, I've thought this out

I'm Out!

Ok, I didn't see that. Im out of this discussion, not because I'm don't want to help you, but everything we say you deny it.
Examples:

Also why are you asking us for help when you "thought it out"?

I'm Out!

Thank god. Anyways, I'm asking for OVERCLOCKING help, not "advice" about the "mistake" I made on my build. I didn't deny what BK_123 said, in fact, I'm doing exactly what he said. Speaking of which BK, I tried downloading the Intel extreme utility software, and it said I was trying to install on an unsupported platform :/

Last edited:
I bet with your closed loop cooler you can hit 4ghz 24/7, Possibly even higher. Good luck. Post some screen shots of your stable OC's.

I bet with your closed loop cooler you can hit 4ghz 24/7, Possibly even higher. Good luck. Post some screen shots of your stable OC's.

Thanks. I just OCed to 3.2 GHZ last night, and I'm really scared to go further :/ I don't want to ruin it. Is there any way I can safely OC? Oh ya, and I used the ASRock whatever software that came with the motherboard, and I overclocked my mulitplier to like 342, and the computer froze. So I shut the computer off and restarted and it didn't save the OC, so I just played with it for a while, and got to 340 flat. Did it freeze because the software is Crap or what?

Last edited:
Thanks. I just OCed to 3.2 GHZ last night, and I'm really scared to go further :/ I don't want to ruin it. Is there any way I can safely OC?

Just watch your temps. Run prime 95 or something. Have you cranked up the voltage yet? If not you cant ruin your chip. It is going to take some trial and error to get a stable overclock. I dont know about that mobo so you will have to do some reading.

Just watch your temps. Run prime 95 or something. Have you cranked up the voltage yet? If not you cant ruin your chip. It is going to take some trial and error to get a stable overclock. I dont know about that mobo so you will have to do some reading.

So are you saying crank up the voltage, or do NOT crank up the voltage? How do I do this?

Back
Top Bottom