Overclocking E8400

Sorry, I can't justify putting a $300 mobo CPU combo in a PC. It's ridiculous. The Core 2 Quad out performs the i5-3570K, so why go that route?! And the H60 was refurbished and costed me $40. And what's sad is, most 6 and 4 core AMD CPUs won't match the performance of the E8400, so go figure

Do you have any evidence to support this? . .. . .

Sorry, I can't justify putting a $300 mobo CPU combo in a PC. It's ridiculous. The Core 2 Quad out performs the i5-3570K, so why go that route?! And the H60 was refurbished and costed me $40. And what's sad is, most 6 and 4 core AMD CPUs won't match the performance of the E8400, so go figure

I just looked up the performance benchmarks, and (im sorry to say it like this) what you just said is complete bullshit. There you go:
Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 vs Core i5-3570K
-Also, I talked about the 3rd generation of CPU's, if you would put a i5 4670K, it would outperform it even more.

Last edited:
C'mon guys, this is not the way to tell someone they made a mistake. Remember the "be nice" part of the rules!!! :D

YoungIT:
Compare the expenses of what you bought to run that E8400 rig with what you have to buy to run a modern rig at stock speed. The performance will be better, so if the price difference is worth it in favor of the modern rig, try returning the parts or exchanging them.

Core2 CPU's were a good leap for Intel. The shared cache memory improved the performance drastically. We cannot say the exact same for the Core ix generations.

C'mon guys, this is not the way to tell someone they made a mistake. Remember the "be nice" part of the rules!!! :D

YoungIT:
Compare the expenses of what you bought to run that E8400 rig with what you have to buy to run a modern rig at stock speed. The performance will be better, so if the price difference is worth it in favor of the modern rig, try returning the parts or exchanging them.

Core2 CPU's were a good leap for Intel. The shared cache memory improved the performance drastically. We cannot say the exact same for the Core ix generations.

I'm sorry for my stronger language, but when he said:
And what's sad is, most 6 and 4 core AMD CPUs won't match the performance of the E8400, so go figure
Probably without any research what so ever, I had to tell him the truth in a way that he would understand. Also he brought AMD into the discussion here. AMD is a great company, but comparing AMD to Intel is very irrelevant mostly because of the pricing.

You are making non future-proof computer. If you would like to upgrade later on (2-3 years later), you probably wont be able to. Why are you buying such old parts? I mean. Most todays motherboards (Probably all of them) are based on LGA 1155, 2011, ex... You are buying Mobo with socket from 2004! I don't judge you, but my question is Why?

Because I'm a student in highschool, and I make minimum wage working 7 hours a week at a grocery store, and the less I spend on stuff means I have more for college which means I'm closer to my Masters in Computer Science. In other words, I don't have that much to spend at all. I just earned $500 from my grandfather for hauling grain for him, and I'm saving all of it

I just looked up the performance benchmarks, and (im sorry to say it like this) what you just said is complete bullshit. There you go:
Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 vs Core i5-3570K
-Also, I talked about the 3rd generation of CPU's, if you would put a i5 4670K, it would outperform it even more.

If you took the time to read, you would have seen that I said the CORE 2 QUAD, specifically the Q9450. And here's the comparison

Intel Core i5 3570K vs 2 Quad Q9450S

Here's my evidence scc456 ;)

---------- Post added at 07:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:23 AM ----------

YoungIT:

I paid $40 for my CPU, and $60 for my mobo, and all the other parts for this rig I already had, so why don't you compare $100 to a $600 build ;)

Last edited:
Because I'm a student in highschool, and I make minimum wage working 7 hours a week at a grocery store, and the less I spend on stuff means I have more for college which means I'm closer to my Masters in Computer Science. In other words, I don't have that much to spend at all. I just earned $500 from my grandfather for hauling grain for him, and I'm saving all of it

If you don't have the money to buy a decent PC, dont't buy it at all. Rather buy a notebook. Portable, has a built in screen, keyboard, and mouse (Touchpad xD). It will be a lot better for you. Todays notebook standards is more than the pc that you want to build right now. Or just dont build a PC, buy it from some kind of manufacturer like HP. It will be cheaper. Building PC's is cheaper when you want a higher-end PC. Because Higher-end PC's are overpriced unless you build them (most of the time).

Any LGA775 CPU like the core duo line couldn't out do any Intel i CPU. Even a sandy bridge CPU such as i3 2100 can do it Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 vs Core i3-2100. As others have said you could build a perfectly capable machine for your needs for under $1000 and you machine won't have a good upgrade path..

I beg to differ. Like I said before, I can upgrade to the Q9450, and I plan on upgrading my GPU to the Radeon 7850. And I'm still going to be under 500 watts according to the eXtreme Power Supply Calculator. Not only that, but I can go up to 8GB of DDR2. Believe me guys, I've thought this out

Hey,

let's bring this back to earth, we don't have a problem with you wanting to buy a second hand PC or second hand parts and build a C2D machine. If that's what your budget is limited to then that is what we will help you with.

What we don't like is people coming on here pretending that they know what they are talking about and making statements as if they are facts when they are clearly wrong.

Now back to your original "issue" if you like.

Are you open to the idea of sending your parts back and building a new more modern machine if it fits your budget?

Back
Top Bottom