Data for ad pinpointing

setishock

Wizard of Wires
Concerning the ads seen in the threads when not logged in, it appears it knows where I've been. Such as heli forums and online shops. If I've been shopping for parts and took a look at one item it shows ads from that shop for that item.

What is it looking at in my computer to get such detailed information? And how is it getting to that information?
Please don't tell me to switch browsers or get an ad blocker. I'm interested in where in my system it's getting that info and how it gets to it.

i just tried looking at the ads on here by pausing my adblock and i'm not seeing any... weird.

if the ads on here are adsense based, then google uses data it receives to show "relevant" ads. if it isn't, then i'm not sure, but probably collects data along the same lines as google does. this data being such like, info from chrome, sites you browse while you're logged into your google account (gmail, g+, etc), and stuff like that.

It's just creepy. I opted out of google's ad gimmick. Let's see how long it takes to stop chasing me around the internet.

yeah i don't really agree with how much data google has access to about me. i read an article one time about a guy was suing google over something and they just embarrassed him with data they collected on him like search queries.

It's just creepy. I opted out of google's ad gimmick. Let's see how long it takes to stop chasing me around the internet.

Might want to clear your cache and cookies as well. Not sure how it works but I wouldn't be surprised if that was helping drive it.

I opted out of that too and I don't think it has made a blind bit of difference.

If I browse DJ equipment on my lunch, that afternoon every advert I see will be based on DJ equipment.

If I browse for a new bike, that afternoon bicycles galore on the adverts!

It is concerning especially when you have opted out of being followed around the internet!

Big brother & his mates are spying on you & nothing you can do about it except for using a web proxy.

The wonderful world of internet, it Suxs.

Big brother & his mates are spying on you & nothing you can do about it except for using a web proxy.

The wonderful world of internet, it Suxs.

Yep, yesterday I was posting on here about Power Supplies, then I looked on eBuyer at some Power Supplies and this morning I've been emailed by Amazon saying check out our power supplies.

I DID NOT search on Amazon anything to do with Power supplies, just here and eBuyer, it's getting bad and honestly quite concerning.

What sorcery is this? What's the world coming to?

What is the purpose of life?

So many questions one cannot answer. Accurately, that is.

Well coming from Google isn't such a suprize to me.

They are constantly putting tracking cookies secretly onto your computer.

My anti-virus is always removing these tracking cookies for me.

Why are they always trying to invade our privacy?

Back
Top Bottom