Finding the right hardware

FireDust

In Runtime
I'm making a pretty "OCD" setup, and I need your help to find one thing. Imagine having a Desktop and a Notebook on one desk, you already have a way to quickly connect your Notebook to your screen, now, you want to connect your Mouse and Keyboard to the Notebook as well. But you don't want to have to pull the USB's out of your Desktop again and again... So, I want a USB thingy that I would connect my Keyboard (and another one for the mouse) to, and it will split the signal to my Desktop and Notebook at the same time. That's still easy to find, but wait, there's more. I want to be able to turn one connection on & off. For example when I connect my Notebook, but I don't want to shut down the Desktop yet, I want to be able to Turn off the signal going from my Keyboard to my Desktop but not to my Notebook.
Woah. That was complicated to explain... Thanks for reading!
-My first language isn't English so I hope I didn't make any major mistakes in this text... Thx :D

Why don't you just use remote desktop to control the notebook from the desktop and vice versa and that way you don't have to buy any equipment.

Why don't you just use remote desktop to control the notebook from the desktop and vice versa and that way you don't have to buy any equipment.

Good Idea, but If you mean something like Windows Remote Assistance or 3rd patry software like "TeamViewer". No thanks, I want no lag between my connection, and I would really like to have it wired directly to my Notebook.

I will say that I thought your first language was in fact English.

And that is an intriguing problem you have. I think that the KVM is the best way.

There is something called synergy that allows two OSes to use one set of mouse and keyboard, but it has been a while since I used it so you would have to research it and see if it will do what you are looking for.

Mossiac

I will say that I thought your first language was in fact English. And that is an intriguing problem you have. I think that the KVM is the best way. There is something called synergy that allows two OSes to use one set of mouse and keyboard, but it has been a while since I used it so you would have to research it and see if it will do what you are looking for. Mossiac

In a guide I linked it talked about snergy..

Sorry bk 123 I usually browse the forums on my phone and that link wouldn't load up properly for me.

Mossiac

Thank you Mossiac, It means a lot for me. And about that Synergy, it probably uses Internet to communicate, right? But I'm still kinda oldschool so, I'll probably go for the "wired" version xD

I would rather Remote Desktop that way you aren't always having to press the button on the KVM switch to change between computers but it's your decision.

Back
Top Bottom