Random Chit Chat

Does owning a stun-gun a require complicated procedures, or is it unaffordable or something?

I see it's better than pepper sprays.

Varies state by state. In Wisconsin you needed what's called a "concealed carry permit" which basically means you legally have permission to carry a gun that is hidden by your clothing. Carrying openly in a holster has been legal for a while, but it wasn't until the law passed 2 years ago allowing concealed that we could carry stun guns legally.

Does owning a stun-gun a require complicated procedures, or is it unaffordable or something?

I see it's better than pepper sprays.

I don't think there's anything complicated to buy one. They're a lot harder to use than pepper spray though. You actually have to make contact with the person, which can be hard if they notice the huge plastic brick in your hand and try to wrench it away. A stun gun would probably be best if the goal is to completely incapacitate the person, but I think pepper spray would be enough to buy a few seconds to get away.

Last edited:
There were some break-ins around my Uncle's house. He and a few other family members that live out in the country decide to buy stun guns. Spent around $800. It has a laser sight on it. They bought it for protection because they didn't feel comfortable owning a gun or shooting someone. Hopefully it's like insurance - one of those things that you'll never need.

There were some break-ins around my Uncle's house. He and a few other family members that live out in the country decide to buy stun guns. Spent around $800. It has a laser sight on it. They bought it for protection because they didn't feel comfortable owning a gun or shooting someone. Hopefully it's like insurance - one of those things that you'll never need.

IMHO, I'd rather kill the intruder than injure and prevent the robbery. Here's why:

In California City, California (a neighboring town to where I grew up), a burglar threatened a homeowner that he would burglarize his home. The homeowner reportedly told him that he would be waiting for him at a specific time with his shotgun in hand. That time came, and so did the burglar. Upon entering the front door, the homeowner shot him in the leg and then called the police.

The burglar then sued, and WON!, the homeowner for his injuries and emotional distress.

While I cannot speak to the accuracy of the encounter prior to the attempted burglary, the legal case made headline news.

In America, it's better and cheaper to kill the intruder than to injure them thanks to our debauchery of a legal system.

I like the idea of stun guns. It's not legal in Denmark unfortunately.
Denmark is also one of the only countries in the world that still does not allow Pepper sprays. It's funny because you can own a 80 pound compound bow (even without license) that can make an arrow fly through a humans skull... but pepper spray.. oh no, that's way to dangerous. :lol:

IMHO, I'd rather kill the intruder than injure and prevent the robbery. Here's why:

In California City, California (a neighboring town to where I grew up), a burglar threatened a homeowner that he would burglarize his home. The homeowner reportedly told him that he would be waiting for him at a specific time with his shotgun in hand. That time came, and so did the burglar. Upon entering the front door, the homeowner shot him in the leg and then called the police.

The burglar then sued, and WON!, the homeowner for his injuries and emotional distress.

While I cannot speak to the accuracy of the encounter prior to the attempted burglary, the legal case made headline news.

In America, it's better and cheaper to kill the intruder than to injure them thanks to our debauchery of a legal system.

And it's cases like that that inspired Wisconsin to protect people who shoot in situations that fall under our Castle Doctrine that prevents the bad guy from even being able to file a court case.

Either way, I believe you never shoot to kill, and you never shoot to wound. You shoot exactly enough to stop the threat. If that kills then sucks for them, if it leaves them wounded and in pain it still sucks for them.

You can also have both of them; the stun gun on the vehicle (I almost said stunner for stun gun, but googled it before doing that :D) and the spray in pocket. Use the spray first then the stun gun to finish it off.

I also think from time to time to actually kill trespassers should I find no other choice and them threatening, but man I've never even killed (slain) anything bigger or more dangerous than a chicken. Not even that creature that says MOOOO... I believe it's called sheep.

Back
Top Bottom