Help!

Carliscra

Baseband Member
Hey, So I just installed my new b85-hd3 motherboard, with a new i5 4570, and once I booted up my pc, this appeared, and I have no idea what it is, I checked in the bios and the motherboard and CPU have both been recognized, I think it
Could be HDD related, as I use a Sandisk 64gb SSD and a seagate 1TB, any help would be extremely appreciated

Attachments

• image-4259098444.jpg
    image-4259098444.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 8
0x7B is almost always memory related. Run a memtest on it and let us know what happens.

How long was the test running for? What brand and type of RAM are you using and did you manually set any timings in the BIOS? Are you overclocking?

I ran the test for about 1hr 50mins
RAM - Samsung 4gb ddr3
I am not overclocking

---------- Post added at 05:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:36 PM ----------

And also not timers were set

Could be a bad hard drive. You mentioned you have an SSD, so I would see if Sandisk has some type of diagnostic utility for the drive or use Hiren's Boot CD.

Your motherboard may be in AHCI Mode, Try booting up with it in IDE Mode. You can change the disk mode inside the BIOS.

If that works, you can do this in windows to allow for AHCI Mode, as you will get better disk performance. Once you have made the change you can put the disk mode back to AHCI mode.

Hey,

Can I just check that you have just installed a new motherboard and CPU.
are you using a HDD with Windows already on it? If so then this kind of issue is expected, you needed to sort out and remove all of the old drivers first.

Back
Top Bottom