Uninstalling Issues

AnonymousUser

Beta member
Recently I have been trying to clear space in my hard drive, and so I was looking for files that seem to be useless and researching them to see if they have any use. I came across these files in the C:\ directory which had strange names enclosed in brackets { }, such as {E0776C6D-B8A2-45AA-962A-9B0FFEFEAD14}. After doing research and being unable to find out the purpose of them, I moved them onto my desktop and restarted my computer. Everything seemed to run well, and so I permanently deleted them. I then tried to uninstall a program, but it didnt work. I then tried to uninstall many different programs, and it still didn't work. I used multiple programs, but they still didn't uninstall. I then used regedit and went to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall, and found that the file names there are similar to (or possibly match) those that I deleted from the C: drive.
Is there any way I can fix this without re-installing Windows?

How did you try to uninstall? Try, in case you haven't, going to the program specific folders and there you will most likely find a uninst.exe file or similar. Try it.

Also, try some legit registry cleaner software if you want to remove unlinked entries in the registry.

Windows uninstaller actually just remove the files, links and all related registry entries of programs. So deleting the files manually and correctly removing the registry entries works. But remember to deal with registry carefully.

If the problem does not affect you further, I suggest forgetting about it and uninstall what you want latter manually.

I hope this treats this issue well.

How did you try to uninstall? Try, in case you haven't, going to the program specific folders and there you will most likely find a uninst.exe file or similar. Try it.

Also, try some legit registry cleaner software if you want to remove unlinked entries in the registry.

Windows uninstaller actually just remove the files, links and all related registry entries of programs. So deleting the files manually and correctly removing the registry entries works. But remember to deal with registry carefully.

If the problem does not affect you further, I suggest forgetting about it and uninstall what you want latter manually.

I hope this treats this issue well.

Yes, I have already tried to use the uninstall.exe files, but all it does is put the blue loading ring next to the cursor for a few seconds. I have also used RegCure Pro to try and fix the registry, as well as CCleaner and AVG PC TuneUp. Nothing has seemed to have worked.
And as for deleting the problems manually, I am confident deleting the files from the C: drive, however not so confident deleting them within the registry without a guide.
Thanks anyways.

Last edited:
To 'manually' uninstall something, you need to perform the actions in this order.

1. Delete all files from the Harddrive relating to the program
Check the following folders:
c:\Program Files
c:\Program Files (x86) --if applicable
c:\ProgramData
c:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local
c:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\Temp\delete *.* (Fx...Log cannot be deleted)
c:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\LocalLow
c:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Roaming

2. Run CCleaner or the like
Execute the Temp File cleaner
Execute the Registry cleaner until no errors are found

3. Run the uninstaller in which you will be told the program no longer exists and given the option to remove from list.

To 'manually' uninstall something, you need to perform the actions in this order.

1. Delete all files from the Harddrive relating to the program
Check the following folders:
c:\Program Files
c:\Program Files (x86) --if applicable
c:\ProgramData
c:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local
c:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\Temp\delete *.* (Fx...Log cannot be deleted)
c:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\LocalLow
c:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Roaming

2. Run CCleaner or the like
Execute the Temp File cleaner
Execute the Registry cleaner until no errors are found

3. Run the uninstaller in which you will be told the program no longer exists and given the option to remove from list.

Thanks for the info.

If i'm not mistaken there is a program out their that can un-delete anything you deleted on accident. it's a free program i think, but i can't remember the name right now.

Although this is one program i found :
System Utilities Suite by WinZip

I hope that can help if all else fails.

Back
Top Bottom