Australians are now terrorists... all of em!

How did the discovery of a large oil deposit turn in to a discussion of terrorism?
Out of the chaos of its beginnings, has come a nation of prominence and unrivaled splendor.
As for getting the oil out of the ground, they already have it figured out. Now all that's needed is speculators to lay down some funds and get the show on the road. If they sell bonds or stock in the company I'm gonna grab a few.
Got to break some eggs to make an omelet.

How did the discovery of a large oil deposit turn in to a discussion of terrorism?

Simple.

I made a joke about America's new foreign policy and people took me literally.

Obviously, Australians are not terrorists. Political satire read as if it were headline news.

:trash:

Out of the chaos of its beginnings, has come a nation of prominence and unrivaled splendor.
As for getting the oil out of the ground, they already have it figured out. Now all that's needed is speculators to lay down some funds and get the show on the road. If they sell bonds or stock in the company I'm gonna grab a few.

You are a bit slow Seti, the Aussies & Yanks are best of allies, you obviously never saw the humour in the posts.

Superman22x
Australia will send an army of drop bears and wipe out America.
Better watch out I think Asio planted some in a tree near you.

They don't have it figured out very well. That's the problem with shale oil. It's expensive and difficult to refine.

They don't have it figured out very well. That's the problem with shale oil. It's expensive and difficult to refine.

Looks like it will be worth the initial investment.

Our forecast is getting more "in the money" as the tight liquids production rate for North America passes four million barrels per day

[...]

The North American shale revolution is a blessing for the global economy because it contributes to stabilizing oil prices. This will enable billions of more people in the emerging world to benefit from continued economic growth. Tight oil also displaces less environmental friendly oil, like kerogen and oil sands mining and Arctic developments. Warming the economy and cooling the globe, isn't that exactly what we need?

source

well in that case, I would recommend that Australia to develop some refineries and make a lot of money from all these other countries who would fork over so much money for it.

4 Million Barrels a day?????? omg seriously in Canada its just under $5 a gallon at the pump. I sense a massive conspiracy going on....

Last edited:
$5 a gallon for petrol isn't the price for crude oil...

Also, invade Australia?? Not likely, not because of current political ties... But because it's difficult to convince a nation of largely white Christian (ish) people that another nation of largely white largely Christian (ish) people are the bogeyman.

As I recall back in Aug. 2008 a barrel of unrefined petroleum was $108 and it was just over $3 per gallon at the pump. Now its $4.8-4.9 per gallon while its just over $100 per barrel.

Why is that I keep seeing government commercials about "power from shale". If what you're saying is right, we'll be even losing even more money? And so much for the affordable healthcare act lol, just thought I'd bring that up

Back
Top Bottom