Need help on a new computer build

lostsoul65

Beta member
I'm going to build another computer period. I want to have decent tech support so here goes: I have a NZXT case and I called them up and was on hold for 30 minutes and was 2nd in the queue during that time so is NZXT the case I should consider
I was told that Asus motherboards are something I should stay away from because of their tech support.
Intel vs. AMD? AMD runs hot so is that something I should be concerned with?

Question about my Main PC: I push the power button and my case fans don't spin and my PC won't boot. Everything looks plug in; I took the RAM and Video card out and back in again. Could this be a bad power supply or maybe my motherboard is shot. It's a 19 month old AMD 955? Any help would be most appreciated.

Well to answer the post just for S&G's.
NZXT is purdy and all that but inside ain't worth a tinker's toot. Antec p280 if you want a case that's roomy and well laid out.
Yeah AMD chips run a little hotter than Intel but then again either chip gets hot according to what you're doing. A good heatsink properly installed is mandatory for either brand.
On the motherboard find where the power button lead plugs in. Pull it off and short the pins with a small flat blade screw driver. If it powers up the button is bad or the wire leads are broke. If it still doesn't power up pull all the power supply connections off the mother board and anything else in the case. The large plug that was next to the cpu chip is the main. Find the green wire and short it to a black wire in the same plug. If the power supply starts up odds are it's the mother board or another part. Maybe a simple short in the wiring. If the power supply doesn't start up then replace it with a known good.
Simple trouble shooting should be a skill all computer owners have. End users are what keep shops in business.

Back
Top Bottom