chatting service of choice?

bessonberry

Baseband Member
what's your chatting service of choice? do you prefer instant messaging over facebook? or do you still use classic software like IRC or AIM?

i use (like probably many of you) use multiple chat services. to name a couple... i use AIM, Skype, and Facebook. what do you use? :cool:

Last edited:
for chatting with friends i use facebook. before there was facebook i remember using MSN. but is MSN even still around? i briefly used AIM in my middle school years too.

yea msn is still kicking it. i'm using facebook, skype, and QQ(like any typical oriental asian would use).

ha i never heard of QQ. just gave it a google, is it qq.com? site's in some kind of asian text so i assume it is. that's cool though.

i read on a chat site about microsoft's end goal shutting down the "msn" \ "windows live" chat messenger down and making microsoft's primary chat service skype, but currently windows live messenger is still alive in windows essentials (or whatever that download pack is).

ha i never heard of QQ. just gave it a google, is it qq.com? site's in some kind of asian text so i assume it is. that's cool though.

i read on a chat site about microsoft's end goal shutting down the "msn" \ "windows live" chat messenger down and making microsoft's primary chat service skype, but currently windows live messenger is still alive in windows essentials (or whatever that download pack is).

Microsoft have merged Skype and MSN into one and it is now Skype, They did this a while back Messenger Now Officially Retired, Merged With Skype.

Anyway I use Skype and Facebook but mainly Facebook as I talk to lots of my friends and I don't have there mobile numbers but I am happy. I use Skype as I help out in Minecraft server looking after forum and server issues.

oh i didn't know they already went for the merge, thanks for the info bk_123. :)

skype's definitely popular when it comes to gaming communities, probably because it's a free voip service. i use skype to chat when i play League of Legends sometimes, for other games and gaming communities to communicate and chat ingame these communities often have a ventrilo server, which is what i actually prefer. :p but skype is cool too.

I used MSN Messenger too, although it wasn't popular in my geographical area. all the people on my MSN contact list were internet friends and online gaming friends.

another one of my favorite chat programs is steam. a service to chat with friends and game with them. :)

Back
Top Bottom