How Did You Become Interested In Computers & Tech?

I've been playing games from the age of 5. Then I learnt how to type web addresses. then Facebook. Then got interested in networking and researched. I hated IT at school 9 years ago. And look at me now - choosing it for advanced studies. LOL

it was back in the early 2000s. probably 2001. i started playing a video game (red alert 2), and i joined one of the communities that was spammed in game, they were very techy and into computer things, and that's where it all started with me. :)

My mother swore up and down my first words were, " Plug it in ". That was 61 years ago. I grew up in a house that had a TV and radio repair shop in the back. I used to buy junk bags of parts and get schematics out of Popular Electronics magazine. I had projects all over the house. Amazingly they all worked.
Fast forward a few years and Uncle Sam wanted to use my ass as target practice for the cong. I joined the Navy instead. Electronics school in Memphis then fine tuning that with a visit to MIT. 6 years later back to MIT to get my degree while serving out my reserve time. I have never been so drunk in my life.
I have seen crude vacuum tube circuits go to transistors and micro chips. Then on to fitting millions of them on a single chip with a purpose. A microprocessor.
And look at us now. It's been an interesting journey and it isn't over yet.

Found that I loved computers the minute I sat at one. It felt right and it felt comfortable and I saw potential. Talking time learning about how the electronics works from my dad, I began taking anything and every electronic int he house that had broken or was having an issue and broke them open. learned everything I could and then "googled" any little writings I found to see what in the world they meant.

I started to notice my nack for computers and how they worked when a friend of mine had an issue with his desktop (i was 13 at the time) and I sat down, knowing nothing about how to fix it, and ended up digging myself inside and fixed his issue through the CMD. Ever since then I love them. My cousin had built a monster computer and I was driven mad by how beautiful it was :D and so I began to build one myself and so here I am, with my built computer which is ever growing!

Mine started out with curiosity. One example of my curiosity and I guess thrust for knowledge is that when I was 3 or 4 we had the central heating fitted and I was constantly bugging the engineer and asking what he was doing and why (and no I retained none of that info).

But I got into computers when Grandad one day got a computer for mum (good for web surfing and such) but after about 6 months nearly every day something was wrong with it. It didn't matter how small the problem was the point was that it was a problem. So I started fixing these problems.

Then I was given a PC that booted into ME and didn't do much else without panicking and crashing. So after a fair bit of research and a lot of tinkering and testing, I gradually fixed that too.

After a a few years I decided that I was going to get a new PC with the wages from my first job. Once I had finished putting it together and got it working I went to college dropped from the course I was doing and went for a computer course.

I love dealing with computers and getting them back to full health. I also enjoy tech and gadgets. But I have yet to get a job in the industry which is a bit annoying.

Mossiac

Iv always been interested in electronics my whole life. i love finding out how things work. when i was just a kid my Father would let me take things apart. he would buy small black & white tv's and give them to me to take apart, and then he would say" ok, put it back together"

then i moved up and got into tape recorders and phonographs. i loved recording on my portable tape recorder. then i moved up to game consoles. i loved playing with my Atari game console. then as i got older i got into computers and love them to this day...;)

Back
Top Bottom