Microsoft No Longer Recommends MSE

Life:
That's funny.
I hope your dad is not using MSE and norton at the same time. I hate norton as well.
I also use Avast and i only recommend avast when people ask me.

Yes.. yes he is. I don't see any real problem with it. He used AVAST before and said he got viruses all the time. Either he didn't keep it updated, or I remember that AVAST used to be very faulty at times. But they've cleaned up and are a really great AV..

Me and my family have been through these.

MSE - AVG - AVAST - COMODO - and we have malwarebytes - Norton. My mother uses MSE and Malware bytes, and refuses to ever change from them. I hate them both, they are crappy, and they let Viruses on the pc all the time. My dad uses MSE and Norton. Hate Norton aswell. He hates AVAST.. I love AVAST, AVAST is the only AV I use, and ever will use. I would Recommend AVAST to anyone looking for a new one.

The only issue I have with Avast is if your like me and fall asleep whilst working late into the night it gives you a bloody fright when the lady shouts out "Avast database has been updated" lol.
It's caught me out a couple of time, when your ridiculously tired working really late on something and haven't used your sound since a good few hours ago when you were blasting out the tunes, it comes out loud :)

I'm sure theres a way to turn this off lol

The only issue I have with Avast is if your like me and fall asleep whilst working late into the night it gives you a bloody fright when the lady shouts out "Avast database has been updated" lol.
It's caught me out a couple of time, when your ridiculously tired working really late on something and haven't used your sound since a good few hours ago when you were blasting out the tunes, it comes out loud :)

I'm sure theres a way to turn this off lol

There is, I just haven't found out how yet :rofl::rofl:

I use MSE on all my computers and it does the job for me. If you do a little research you'll find out that the original article saying that MS doesn't recommend MSE was a misquote.

When people tell me they have a computer full of viruses, I scratch my head trying to understand how. I have been on the internet for 20 years and spend quite a few hours per week on the internet and have personally only had about a half dozen infections. On top of that, when I run a MalwareBytes scan, all it ever finds is a few tracking cookies. What do people do to get all these viruses?

Both of my sons spend a great deal of time on the net and both of them refuse to use any AV due to performance. They don't have issues with viruses or malware.

To me, AV software is secondary, a large part of not getting virus/malware is using common sense in knowing what and what not to click on or download.

MSE is a very easy and clean AV. So i like it for that fact.
It is however still tested to be one of the "less good" FREE AV to catch virus. That's the reason i am not using it anymore.

Yeah i don't know how they manage to get so much crap thrown at their computers. I see SO many people having tons of trouble with toolbars and other browser hijacks.

Yeah i don't know how they manage to get so much crap thrown at their computers. I see SO many people having tons of trouble with toolbars and other browser hijacks.

Reason is people look & hunt down for codes, hacks, pirated software instead of paying for legitimate software, so when they download their so called freebies from dodgy websites they get burnt.

No sympathy for the fools.

Reason is people look & hunt down for codes, hacks, pirated software instead of paying for legitimate software, so when they download their so called freebies from dodgy websites they get burnt.

No sympathy for the fools.

I disagree a little bit with that statement. Because there are some people who pay for everything they can, but when it comes to a program that you really need, but don't have the $699-$1999 because adobe is being the usual thieves and making it impossible for young people to get anywhere in the world... It's not right to pirate things, but it's also not right for these company's to charge prices that nobody can afford. I think if they want you to buy it, not pirate it, then charge a reasonable price, and not charging insane prices because they think they have a monopoly.. No sympathy for the big name thieves...

I've been using MSE for the past 5 years now and I am very satisfied with it. However it has been crashing lately on my laptop. I am sure it will get solved if I do a re-installation.

The reason I don't like a lot of the AV's available is because they typically slow the performance of my computer and keep poping up whenever I do anything.

With MSE, I don't have to worry about all that.

I've previously used Avast! and found very good also. However I felt it was slowing the performance of my laptop so I made the switch for MSE.

Also, people have to remember that it is utopian to think that a single AV-program would be able to detect all types of viruses and get rid of them.

As stated earlier in this thread. You won't be that vulnerable to viruses as long as you think logically and think about what links and buttons you click aswell as which files you download.

Back
Top Bottom