Microsoft No Longer Recommends MSE

Just proves what I've always suspected & that is free software is no where as good as the retail product.

i'll disagree MMM.
It depend on what AV (anti-virus) we are talking about. Avast catches just as many viruses as most payed AV's.
MSE has been a bad AV for a long time. i have once posted something in a tread about some german security testers that tested all the most popular AV's and MSE was BY FAR the worst of them

Last edited:
Avast is good.
AVG is also good,
(both free)

the fact that security essentials is dying is no great surprise, honestly it's never matter how good it was, the fact that it was provided by MS was the problem.

the average joe in the street thinks, this is the company that made the crappy OS that keeps getting viruses, that left hundreds of holes open, that tells me every month there is a new security concern or bug, or exploit... how can I trust them to give me decent AV...

security essentials would have seen good uptake if it wasn't provided by MS.

Avast is good.
AVG is also good,
(both free)

the fact that security essentials is dying is no great surprise, honestly it's never matter how good it was, the fact that it was provided by MS was the problem.

the average joe in the street thinks, this is the company that made the crappy OS that keeps getting viruses, that left hundreds of holes open, that tells me every month there is a new security concern or bug, or exploit... how can I trust them to give me decent AV...

security essentials would have seen good uptake if it wasn't provided by MS.

Virus.......easy.

Delete System32, Install FreeBSD ;-)

I remember when the two guys sold out to M$. I had a feeling it wasn't going to work out.
I'll just stick to ESET.

Me and my family have been through these.

MSE - AVG - AVAST - COMODO - and we have malwarebytes - Norton. My mother uses MSE and Malware bytes, and refuses to ever change from them. I hate them both, they are crappy, and they let Viruses on the pc all the time. My dad uses MSE and Norton. Hate Norton aswell. He hates AVAST.. I love AVAST, AVAST is the only AV I use, and ever will use. I would Recommend AVAST to anyone looking for a new one.

Life:
That's funny.
I hope your dad is not using MSE and norton at the same time. I hate norton as well.
I also use Avast and i only recommend avast when people ask me.

Back
Top Bottom