Goodluck to england

IAntDemo

xxcobraxx
90MPH gusts would put it around a category 1 hurricane. Not too bad. I doubt people in England are used to dealing with that type of thing though. Stay away from windows, trim your trees before it hits (this is important,) go flip over any outdoor tables and furniture, and stay away from windows. Also, it's a good idea to fill your bathtubs and some pots with water in case the drinking water becomes unsafe or stops running. It's probably too late to go buy any supplies, but having a camp stove or propane grill will be a huge help if the power dies. Go bring some dry firewood inside if you don't have one (or if it's going to be cold). Shoving huge containers of water in the freezer a couple days before also works well at keeping food fresh longer.

When it's over, you can use it to your advantage and go collect all the free, pre-cut firewood people will put out at the street.

Last edited:
Well from where I was in the South East (Milton Keynes) we haven't really had anything.

There was a lot of rain and some gusty winds this morning at around 2 - 4am but nothing damaged that I saw on the way to work.

Nothing really happened here either (Canterbury), I think we pretty much missed it all! Isle of Wight had reportedly 99mph gusts, but I think that was pretty localised...

Most I've seen is a wheelie bin blown over.

it hasnt affected as much of britain as they were expecting thankfully. But few trees hav come down and caused some damage.

UK weather: St Jude live updates as ferocious storm lashes Britain bringing transport chaos and widespread damage - Mirror Online

Nothing really happened here either (Canterbury), I think we pretty much missed it all! Isle of Wight had reportedly 99mph gusts, but I think that was pretty localised...

Most I've seen is a wheelie bin blown over.

I hate to downplay this, but that kind of stuff happens where I live regularly. It's not like I live in an overly windy place, but we get 30-50 MPH wind gusts quite often out in front of thunderstorms when they pass through. Weather is so tricky because of where you live and what's normal for you.

I was just looking it up and as it turns out the average wind speeds for my state and for England look to be pretty similar. I guess maybe we just experience more high wind conditions here than you do over there. We get tornadoes and thunderstorms in the summer, and snow storms in the winter and geranlly they all come with high winds.

I hate to downplay this, but that kind of stuff happens where I live regularly. It's not like I live in an overly windy place, but we get 30-50 MPH wind gusts quite often out in front of thunderstorms when they pass through. Weather is so tricky because of where you live and what's normal for you.

I was just looking it up and as it turns out the average wind speeds for my state and for England look to be pretty similar. I guess maybe we just experience more high wind conditions here than you do over there. We get tornadoes and thunderstorms in the summer, and snow storms in the winter and geranlly they all come with high winds.

Totally, whenever we get a tiny bit of outside of average weather over here the news goes crazily out of proportion. It's no big thing at all - heck in Scotland they see this sort of thing regularly as well. England in general is lucky in the fact our weather is really very mild and uneventful in the grand scheme of things. Because of that though, whenever we get a tiny bit of snow or a little bit of wind, or it rains for a couple of days, everyone acts like the world's ending...

Back
Top Bottom