Hey guys and gals -_-

Boostbro24

Beta member
I'm new here.. So try not to rip me a new one to bad! I'm not to tech savvy but know a little. Moving along, my laptop has half died. It recently crashed, and now when I go to boot up it takes me to the black screen asking about safe mode. I tried booting in all options it provided. It basically runs it check real quick and then the windows loading bar shows up It flashes a few times gives me the BSOD then resets. The hard drive gets warm, but does not sound like it is spinning. The laptop I have is a Lenovo think pad t series t61p. Worked great this past year. Just recently pooped. I would like to get my pictures and music off this. Has a lot of family pictures:( any help at all would be greatly appreciated. Tia

You could get a Linux livecd and try to recover your data then get try to install windows again otherwise get a new hard drive and install it.

Thanks, I'll go with the cables. I have no need for the laptop. Got another. Just needed the stuff off it

Remember to not choose fixing or repairing options or similar when you first plug the HDD to another computer with those kits, unless it refuses to work completely. First try to access the data and copy what you need first.

Hopefully the HDD is still intact.

Sounds like a Windows Software issue and I'm guessing the data and the hard drive will be fine when plugged in usb style.

Also, not a bad idea to back up your data. Maybe burn everything to CD/DVD's while your at it. With those cables, you could format this hard drive (once you get everything you need off and your sure it's working) and then use it as an exteranl backup drive.

Back
Top Bottom