Video card for PC Chips M848A motherboard.

Alpha One

Beta member
I have a computer with a PC Chips motherboard M848A v5.0
I want to use it to browse the web mainly You Tube and to view other videos with my plasma tv in 1080 resolution. What video card with HDMI can I buy that outputs 1080?
If this motherboard is no good for that, what's a motherboard+cpu good for it? I am trying not to spend too much.
Thank you.

Is that a socket A motherboard? Uses AMD XP CPUs? I don't think it'll stream videos very well. If IIRC I tried to with my XP 1700+ and Nvida 6200 AGP video card and it's always jumpy.

A cheap H61 motherboard like an MSI or Asrock with a dual core Celeron CPU will do it much better but you'll need new memory and maybe new cards because of the PCIe slots. Though you can get motherboards with PCI slots if you have PCI cards.

Is that a socket A motherboard? Uses AMD XP CPUs? I don't think it'll stream videos very well. If IIRC I tried to with my XP 1700+ and Nvida 6200 AGP video card and it's always jumpy.

A cheap H61 motherboard like an MSI or Asrock with a dual core Celeron CPU will do it much better but you'll need new memory and maybe new cards because of the PCIe slots. Though you can get motherboards with PCI slots if you have PCI cards.

Yes, socked A, AMD cpu. Thank you.

Using a MSI H61M-E33 and Celeron G1630 2.8 55W, is a 400w power supply enough?
I am assuming this setup wouldn't require a graphics card. Is this true?

I have an Asrock H61 mobo and Celeron G540 in one of my system and as I said, streams video very well using the on-chip graphics. I found though a video card gave me better details in the picture. I'm sure any video card with at least 128 bit will give you much more details.

Back
Top Bottom