Onboard sound problem

spike47

Baseband Member
Hi

I have fitted a new-ish Foxconn 946Z7 Motherboard , and I just can not get any sound out of the Rear or Front Jacks , I have downloaded all the drivers I can find from Foxconn and Realtek but still nothing .
I have un-installed and re-installed a couple of times but still nothing , have tried different speakers , sound device is showing up in Device Manager , " Realtek HD Audio ". and the speaker icon is showing in the bottom right corner , and when I try to play a music file , when I put the cursor on the speaker icon you can see see the green bar going up and down as if some music is being detected somewhere !! .

I have ran out of things to try , any help out there .

cheers

spike

Have you gone into sound configuration in the control panel and fiddled with some settings in there?

Mossiac

Hi there

Thanks for your reply , I have sorted it , it seems that when set to stereo the green socket sound outlet at the rear is changed for the black socket , I changed it to the black socket and whalla I got sound ! .

spike

Glad you sorted the problem and can now enjoy music and other sounds from your PC .

Mossiac

Back
Top Bottom