Random Chit Chat

1, I didn't say anything about indestructible. I clearly said what happened, and nothing else. I am fully aware that that helmet saved my life, and thank god for that. You are also completely wrong about landing on your face not happening that often. If you hit the front brakes too hard. If you go onto a curb too fast. There are very many ways to land on your face. And quite frankly I can't stand it when someone reads something, and that adds words that completely changes what I said and shove em back in my mouth. Because of that I will not even try to reason with you.

1, I didn't say anything about indestructible. I clearly said what happened, and nothing else. I am fully aware that that helmet saved my life, and thank god for that.

Gee, I'm sorry I couldn't read your exact thoughts. The context in which you said that made it seem like you thought the helmet failed.

You are also completely wrong about landing on your face not happening that often. If you hit the front brakes too hard. If you go onto a curb too fast. There are very many ways to land on your face.

Yeah, both of your examples can only be chalked up to inexperienced cyclists pushing too hard without knowing the limits of their bike or how to fall properly. If this is a serious problem for you, maybe you should go back and read that part of your post about how people riding like idiots shouldn't be on bikes in the first place.

Potholes would be the one common case where it could happen without being the rider's fault, since they can be present even on otherwise well-maintained roads and aren't always clearly visible from a distance. Even then, learning to fall properly and knowing the limits of your safety gear make a huge difference in injury rates. If you stick to the bike all the way through the flip, your face absolutely will get smashed. Usually in this case, it'd be safer to throw yourself off the bike, and try to land in such a way that injury would be minimized. Most of the cases I've heard of where experienced cyclists do land face first can be attributed to using toeclips or having the pedal tension too high.

Like any safety gear, helmets do have situations where they won't be effective. This doesn't mean people shouldn't wear them though. The trick is to clearly know the limits and do what you can to remain within them. This won't always work, but it will significantly improve your chances of surviving without lasting injury.

And quite frankly I can't stand it when someone reads something, and that adds words that completely changes what I said and shove em back in my mouth. Because of that I will not even try to reason with you.

Where did I do that? I may have misunderstood some things, but I tried to respond to each point in the way you presented it.

Ultimately, it's up to you whether you want to wear a helmet or not, I'm just trying to get the point across because it could save your life someday.

Last edited:
Life, Foothead is only worried about you.

It is true that preventative ways could cause wrong effects, but the possibility is way lower than what they actually prevent and save.

If you're really convinced and know what you are doing, then I believe things are gonna be hopefully just fine.

If the area you drive in is calm, then I understand your point of view completely. Try to wear the helmet and a protective eye shield at least if you go semi/highways.

We have a saying here that goes; prevention is better than treatment. Sure it doesn't eliminate it completely, but relatively it is way much better.

I didn't read everything, so forgive me if I repeated something.

If the area you drive in is calm, then I understand your point of view completely. Try to wear the helmet and a protective eye shield at least if you go semi/highways.

Where I live, the busiest highway is about 1 car every minute or so. Generally, I don't go on that highway because it's the wrong direction. we have 1 or 2 cars come every 5 minutes or so, on a busy day. The norm is like 3 cars in 20 minutes.

It's kinda funny reading what apple has to say for them self about the Ipad Air

like: "the most amazing thing about holding it is that you forget you are holding it" :lol:

I thought it was going to be iPad 5, iPad Air seems a bit odd..

They already dropped the numbering scheme for iPad a couple generation ago. Given that the main focus this generation was making it thinner and lighter, naming it iPad Air makes perfect sense. Just calling it "iPad" or "iPad 5" doesn't give potential buyers an idea of what's changed unless they look it up themselves. "iPad Air" concisely gets the point across while still being a decent enough product name. Honestly, I like it from that standpoint.

Back
Top Bottom