User diagnosis: Wait what?

This is a great threat iPwn

I think you have all had this happening some times.
A user that asks help with something that is so easy you can do it in seconds.
The users are always amazed when it happens... or laughing because it was the simplest thing ever and they didn't thought of it.

Like this girl some days ago that could not turn on the display on her ipad (the ipad was turned off. She didn't know that.... for some reason :facepalm: ) So instead of pressing the power button i just hold it. then it starts. She was a little embarrassed :lol:

Great stories but then I wonder what other people in other professions/trades think of you guys when you ask your dumb ass questions on other other things in life.:facepalm:

Two way street guys, not every one is savvy on everything in life!

Great stories but then I wonder what other people in other professions/trades think of you guys when you ask your dumb ass questions on other other things in life.:facepalm:

Two way street guys, not every one is savvy on everything in life!

True but I think this is aimed more at people pretending to know what they are talking about when they have no clue.

I wouldn't ever go into a car garage and say "my engine has been low on power, I think it could be the intercooler overheating" Or something along those lines because I have no idea about cars really, I don't know if the intercooler overheating would cause a drop in power or even if my car has an intercooler.

So I'd go in and say my car's broken, fix it please guys.

Yeah but, there is a very important question that has been puzzling me for a while now.

Do animals really don't like being eaten?

People that pretend to know something are just trying to be a smartass. They deserves to be made fun of when wrong.

I think there is a difference between dumb questions and very uneducated question. smartass or not.
Like, i know little about bows. I am thinking about buying a quality compound bow next summer. i could ask a question "do i really need to buy a stabilizer as well"? The answer is clearly "no" you don't "Have to" but it is recommended to get one. This is a very uneducated question.
it should be obvious, but it's still acceptable to ask.

Some stupid question would be:
  • Does all bows have strings?
  • Is training arrows still dangerous?
  • Is a bow that is set to 70 pound draw weight more tough to draw when a 50 pound?

Non of these questions should ever be asked.

Yeah but, there is a very important question that has been puzzling me for a while now.

Do animals really don't like being eaten?

Let me ask you this, You mentioned you were Muslim. Doesn't it say in the bible the god created the animals for us to eat. Therefore, if he created them, then you'd think he created them in a way that they won't mind being other peoples food. Thats my thought :p

Love this thread!

This board has a help desk.... we get some wacky stuff there....

My favorites:

I am a seo consultant and want to register at your forum but you have banned me as a spammer. I am not a spammer. I am an seo expert currently under contract to a leading seo and site building service. Your site will benefit from added links.

Hello - I ordered a new computer from newegg and it has not arrived. Can you please get me some tracking information?

Response to an e-mail subscription notice (someone responded to a thread via e-mail): That's a great idea. I can help you get that camera installed and then we can do a little test. How about a chat date? I've missed you a lot and am getting really lonely. I'd love to show you my (redacted).....

Love this thread!

This board has a help desk.... we get some wacky stuff there....

My favorites:

Hello - I ordered a new computer from newegg and it has not arrived. Can you please get me some tracking information?

Response to an e-mail subscription notice (someone responded to a thread via e-mail): That's a great idea. I can help you get that camera installed and then we can do a little test. How about a chat date? I've missed you a lot and am getting really lonely. I'd love to show you my (redacted).....

Since when have we offered a tracking service for postal services and chat dates.

Let me ask you this, You mentioned you were Muslim. Doesn't it say in the bible the god created the animals for us to eat. Therefore, if he created them, then you'd think he created them in a way that they won't mind being other peoples food. Thats my thought :p

It sure does, plus other uses like riding for traveling.

I was only referring to another member's signature as a joke :D

Nothing serious, really.

Back
Top Bottom